Urgent Help Needed

Samuel Dalton

Guys I have a mega problem I have loads of steam belting out from my bonnet. I turned the car off and let the steam go away as I couldnt see where it was coming from bbut when I started the car up again I noticed steam coming from a hoase which is split a little which looks to go into the inside of the car. The temp gauge was in the red before I stopped the car etc. But what hoase do I need and where does it go too. It's a 1998 316i compact. I need help asap. Thanks

the hose you need to change sounds like a Heater Matrix hose, Get a new one(BMW dealer will do the job) re fit and hope it hasnt done any more damage,if it wasnt in the red for too long you may get away with no other damage,

new hose time!

Pressure is needed to push the water around the engine (as well as other things). With a cracked hose, pressure is lost therefore it will overheat. New hose just as Ian said. I have the same car as you and parts are quite cheap and still widely available so dont worry.

Repair tape will fit it for a while but no way a perm fix so get that hose asap.

If you get a pic of the hose, we can tell you exactly what hose to get.

Daz

Dont put tape on it,fix it properly

Tape has got me out of many sticky situations in the past. If you need to use it to get yourself out of a pickle, yam it on there! and repair asap. Don't advise using it for 2 weeks though dude.....

Get some pictures up and we shall assist. Unless its a difficult to get to hose, you wont need a 'how-to-guide' as it is simply two jubilee clips.

A pic of where the hose sits in the engine would be good to give an idea of which it is but I'm sure if you go to your local BMW garage with the part they will be able to order it for you :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links