530D Engine Swap In Another Car Anyone Done It

fordf350camper

So does that mean 4 speed sensors. So have i some how got to keep the speed sensors.same as the ABS got to keep that as well.any look on what to do with the speedp. I think the trouble is i want auto.To be honest i have been thinking of getting a diesel out of somethink else or a ford v8 But thats not what i want.thanks

It all depends on the gearbox, if there is a speed sensor on the output shaft you don't need the abs but DO need a decent auto electrician to get it to run properly, if there isn't a sensor on the back of the box you will need to keep the abs and the gearbox ecu so you can use the gearbox. This is all based on the ASSUMPTION that the gearbox is electronically controlled, some older automatics use valves and gearbox oil pressure to decide what gear to select.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just changed engine from same car , but a bit older one , when I put original ecu from older car, my newest one wan't start , but when I put back newest ecu oldest engine starts and drives perfewct , hope you will sort it out ))

• 2 years later...

Hi I was very interested to no how you got on as I am doing something similar myself except I am keeping all the electrics key and clock and putting it into an omega will this be easier or harder.I have a done 530d. Anything you could tell me about your project would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I was very interested to no how you got on as I am doing something similar myself except I am keeping all the electrics key and clock and putting it into an omega will this be easier or harder.I have a done 530d. Anything you could tell me about your project would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links