Newbie Looking For Advice

Teefin

Hey folks I will hopefully be picking up my 2007 3 series touring 325 D next week. It has 57000 on the clock and comes with BMW warranty is there anything I should look out for in the first wee while.

Also looking for best place for mats and boot liner.

Cheers Tom

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hi Teefin, Check the service book and deduce its up-keep from how many owners and what dealerships/garages it was done...

Gav will explain (to his unfortunate experience) what swirl-flaps will do to a diesel !!

57000 is just below average milage but if it has been meticulously serviced then we cannot see any probs for you, you have to bear in mind that these engines can outlive the car !!!

Welcome aboard Matey ;)

Thanks for that two owners from new and 4 service stamps 2 BMW and 2 Indy seems to drive fine and pulls really well. I will read up on the swirl valve issues and see what to do.

Thanks for the welcome by the way

Welcome aboard bud

As the Spanner-man has told you already, the swirl flaps tend to be an issue on diesel BMWs. Although BMW will tell you not to worry about the swirl flaps in your new BMW as they have been remastered to be made from metal (instead of the older engines where plastic was used) the rivets still fail..

Get some pics up as soon as you can mate!

Daz

Hi mate.

Yes the dredded swirl flaps lol.

If your good with a spanner you can blank them off for around £30, if they get sucked in will cost in the region of £1500!!!

Trust me, I know lol.

A local garage should blank them for you for around the £100 mark.

Hi, I'm Ross and new to the bmw world. I have recently purchased a x3 2.0d sport and have since found a couple of issues.

-I'm getting a rumbling at low revs eg when I'm pulling away. I've read that it could be a tyre issue and have noticed my front near side tyre is a lot lower that the offside and so thinking

Hi, I'm Ross and new to the bmw world. I have recently purchased a x3 2.0d sport and have since found a couple of issues.

-I'm getting a rumbling at low revs eg when I'm pulling away. I've read that it could be a tyre issue and have noticed my front near side tyre is a lot lower that the offside and so thinking of buying a new front pair ( dunlop 235/50/18 sport 01s I think).

-I've also had a couple of codes come up(engine management light) theses were air mass, exhaust back pressure and partulate filter. I've been advised to change the air flow meter 1st. Is this good advise and where is the best place to find a Bosch one?

Many thanks

P.s enjoying the drive even with the faults.

Well picked up the car yesterday and had a120 mile run. Although the seats are not as comfy as my v70 it is a lot smoother nada bit more power. I took my time 65/70 and filled on arrival 46mpg well chuffed.

Early days but looking good once I get a chance to clean her up il post some picks but don't expect mods I prefer standard look although I would like to fit a DVD so any suggestions would be welcome.

When you say you want to fit a DVD is that an after market unit or did you want to replace the Beemer's stereo with a DVD stereo unit ?

Looking at options to replace standard system fitted open to suggestions really

What I would do, is work out what my budget is, then look around for units, in the shops and online, when I have found a unit that looks good etc, I would then check the internet for reviews of the unit, good luck, with your purchase

What I would do, is work out what my budget is, then look around for units, in the shops and online, when I have found a unit that looks good etc, I would then check the internet for reviews of the unit, good luck, with your purchase

Thanks ill have a look around

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links