Car Racism

Well snypa mayb I could help I'm very reasonable with my prices, as I'm still working on my work but I am still pretty good ain't been doing it that long.

We'll have to see what you can do :) I have ideas but lack of funds,but I really do hate them :( !!

• 1 month later...

Love my Tattoos, love my car....have 4 kids, havent even got time to think about what other people think.....probably abusing me i wouldnt even know with identical twin boy fighting in the back of the car then their older brother joining in to wind them up, then the wife saying" watch the road, there's tescos" turn in quick, kids fighting going mad round store, loose one of the twins, my daughter on my phone asking can she go to her boyfriends for " Pizza Night" missus then asks do i want tesco cinnamon squares or original cinnamon squares when everyone knows the origninal ones taste best, then she cant be bothered to queue up for the till, nooooooo we have to go thru self service where the F******in machine never works and sirens keep going off, now both twins misssing,sirens screaming, daughter on phone " but why cant I" because "pizza night is not Pizza Night" then my eldest son disappears in the xbox games section can I have ....." WHEN WILL IT END ..............sorry what was we talking about

Haha amazing post, I agree with that and am slowly realising how much you don't have time for everything, Mrs is pregnant with only 6 weeks to go, baby stuff, work, more baby stuff, more work, feel like I don't get out my uniform, got two broken cars, BMW has wrong alloy from a busted one, abs and traction lights stay on, heaters not working and coming to work at 5am freezing my schnuts off, tax and mot due over next couple of months along with a baby, moved house and need to change everything, need to rent a garage for the smashed up car sitting on the Mrs parents drive, money this money that, but hey ho I love it :S lol like you said what was the topic again! :)

No one sneers at the monkey of doom,i scream past at three figure speeds and leave em eating my dust. Have been staying in a lot recently,due to a rather large fine(£350) by some Scottish ##### for speeding on a clear dry day,with little traffic. They will never take me alive,the pedal goes all the way to the carpet and thats the way i drive it.

• 1 month later...

Not had any bad comments when in a BMW but people never let you out at junctions. I get far worse when im in my DAF 44, which is now a very very rare car, only 2 mk1s remain on UK roads and I regularly get told to crush it and get rid of the last one in Wales, which I find very unfair its a great little car and always puts a smile on my face and it really pees of the saxo brigade in that it can get away from the lights quicker than them without even trying.

My 323 on the other hand I just get looks, they must thing im a colourblind drug dealer or something, (its a sort of purpley grey colour)

• 1 month later...

Can honestly say, all i get is comments like when ya gonna get rid of that old thing,the reply is when it dies.............this has been repeated for 3 years and i guess for another 3

Another 20 years mate ^_^ Keep her going

Can honestly say, all i get is comments like when ya gonna get rid of that old thing,the reply is when it dies.............this has been repeated for 3 years and i guess for another 3

Keep her on the road mate

• 1 month later...

going to quote Jeremy Clarkson here " IT'S s*x BUT NOT AS WE KNOW IT" said about a bmw

all the s###y comments made by other people like driving a "!Removed! staff car" said to me, are made by people who don't get the feeling we get strapped into our chosen mode of transport.

so as Mrs Brown would say FECK 'EM

• 3 weeks later...

I used to have an Alfa Romeo GT. So don't talk to me about Car Racism!!! :) I've heard them all: So you have 1 forward gear and 5 reverse!! Do you have RAC AND AA breakdown cover. What's fallen off it today??? It's part of the FIAT Group, Fix It Again Tony!!

I just laughed at them. I liked my car so that's all that matters. As has been said before, "Feck 'em". Just enjoy your car. ;)

• 1 month later...

BMW drivers are class my wife has z3 and mx5 summer and winter car both cars are classed as hairdressers car an the z3 gets boy racers in their dinky toys try to push you to put the foot down but we know we have power and do not have to prove it the other halfs z3 is a 2.5 M so that power in a skate board is no match for dinky toys for get boy racers and other non BMW driver . Another thing they all think 4x4 are slow and they cannot see they oh this is my rant not for here I drive a Isuzu bighorn with 190 bhp

I Hate boy racers BMW drivers can go sideways

• 6 months later...

I am an 'old codger' - still working because I'm healthy and my pension was destroyed by the previous government, so am at the other end of the age spectrum to you Char, and I suffer from the kind of idiocy that prevails out there. I like my cars, I've just bought a BMW 760IL and I think it's a great car. Haven't had it long enough yet for any anti brigade comments or looks.

I've also got an old Lexus LS400 and have had looks at petrol stations from the 'my car is economical and green' brigade. I just look back with the 'I don't care what my car does to the gallon' stare because I know that my depreciation is less than what they're saving on petrol.

My kids suffer also from the same kind of jealousy, my son has an Evo and my daughter a Toyota Glanza turbo so I don't think the make matters, those cretins in the sea of mediocrity are jealous of anything which is different to what they have.

Btw I love yellow cars, and would have one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I get mocked lots by some of my so-called "friends" about driving a BMW. Most of them mock me for being posh, especially when they see my door handles lighting up at night when I unlock my car (convenience pack on my 1er). I let that slide and generally start laughing pointing at how much they spend on servicing their cars every year compared to mine (hint: they spend loads more).

Since I bought my car in January, I haven't gotten pulled over even once, and people generally let me in/out of roads, don't give me the look, but there is one thing I see often: boy racers pulling up at the lights, revving to race me in their chav-kit-cars. I've been told it's 'cause I don't have a model badge and most chavs think I try to hide the fact that I have the cheapest M Sport (116i) so it only looks bad-!Removed!. And for that, I tend to prove them wrong every time at the lights (as long as it's safe to do so).

I keep my car stock (body and accessories), but I'm constantly tuning it, to get better performance, so they get really surprised how quickly I can take off from the lights. And for that reason alone, I'll keep doing it.

I never drive defensively, I'm not a d*ck on the road, I let people in, unless they're being rude, not using their indicators or else. What you can do to get that "myth of a BMW driver" off is to drive well and prove them wrong. And use your goddamn indicators, as otherwise you're a risk to other drivers, regardless of what you think of them or what they think about you.

If you want to drive like a d*ck, do it on a race track, where competition is a daily business and it doesn't cost a lot (£100-200 for a day).

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links