Newbie Would Anyone Buy A 320D With Replacement Engine???

Robbo320D

Hi everyone,

Im new to the site and wonder if anyone would buy a beemer 320d on 53 reg it has 150k on clock but the guy at the garage says it has a replacement engine with 20k on it from a x3 which was wrote off, car drives spot on and the garage says they have the receipt from the x3 which the engine was from, has new clutch which it feels like it does, new turbo and reconditioned injectors 4 new tyres and full service, he wants 3350 for it.......would like to know other peoples views???? Be much apprieciated!

Welcome to the.club

Any warrenty? If there confident in there cars it will have one. If your doubting it like you are . Walk away

i agree, i would also ask for proof of mileage ie service history etc if your thinking of buying it.

oh, and welcome buddy. :D

Welcome Paul, As already said above, check warranty etc, does the car have service history, also hpi could be an idea, make sure that it has not been in an accident or outstanding finance etc

but if you are in doubt, probably better to walk away and find something you feel happy with, good luck. :D

Guest Mister Dabsy

The Service book should reflect the fact that the engine has been replaced, but you should get it in writing about the mileage of the X3 before its demise !!:unsure:

Thanx for all the answers guys, ive gone ahead with the car, its been hpi check n all clear apart from the mileage which does not tally up with car but its a different engine, so makes no difference, he's gave me a 3 month warrenty and a guarrantee in writing and signed that the car has the x3 20,000 mile engine, also he givin me the reg from the x3 to check on dvla to verify mileage im also gonna ring bmw with the engine number to double check it came from the x3, if all is good I think ive gettin a decent car for price!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links