New To Site!

msw7349

Hi all, just joined as I am looking into buying a 318 Ci (E46) or similar (depending on finances ;) ) in the next few months. I just wanted to introduce myself as I will no doubt be picking brains over the net few weeks on buying advice and general help. I have no major modification plans but general up keep and maintenance will obviously be going on. Really excited for my new car, coming of the back of my 1.6 16v SXi Astra! Lol.

Cheers guys and I look forward to talking to some of you. Id appreciate any advice I may need also.

Thanks lads. Like I say, looking to buy a 318ci or possibly 320? (more likely the 318! Lol). Any major pitfalls to look out for and will miss out on abything major opting for a 318? Obvs a bit of power but I can live with that.....just ;)

i have a 323i too.it aint that bad on petrol and wouldnt be that much worse than a 318...i drove my mates 318 the other day and it was slooooooooooooooow as a sticky badger.if i was you i would look into getting a 320d or something similar if you want quick and good mpg but i deffo wouldnt go for a 318 mate.hope that sort of helps ;)

I just upgraded last year and bought a e92 320d msport coupe and to be honest its just as quick if not quicker, looked into the performance upgrade through BMW but its over a grand............would have some explaining to do with the Mrs if I did that, but the mpg is fantastic, I'm gettin like 50 to the gallon.

Thanks for all the info here. So are we saying the 318 is just too slow? Had not even considered a D to be fair. I would probably lean towards the petrol and would be looking at anything between something like 2000-2005ish. Still open to ideas and researching. Thanks for all this.

mate i honestly wouldnt go for a 2 litre e46 unless its a diesel.have a look online at the performance figures.the mpg hardly differs until you get to 3 litres but the 0 to 60's do.i personally would go for a 323 or a 325 if i was you because insurance jumps when you go to a 330.but then again insurance is a funny thing.my mate who is 51 is paying more for his 318 than me.wtf...

in a couple of years i'm going to go for a 330ci or try a 5 series.until then i'm quite happy with my 323i but will be getting her remapped in october so watch this space.

Cheers guys. I'll give it some more thought. Budget up to 5k but I have seen some bargains for a lot less in great nick. Usual outlook really, best trim I can get for my dollar! I'm pretty patient so I'll keep the researching going..........

Thanks again, impressed with the support so far!

Just wanted to say I'm new to this site too. Saw it on the android market and had to have it. Names Luke nickname V (its a military thing) and glad to know there's a place to discuss the ultimate driving machine without getting moaned at ha ha ha.

By reading some of the comments on here there are guys that know a lot. Just the usual stuff really mate. Timing chain rattle etc. Just be careful with older models as the bodywork around the wheel arches can bubble, becomes very expensive to put right. I really loved my e46, was considering trading mine for a an e46 m3 smg convertible.

Drove past some bell end this morning with a chaved up e36 coupe with a ridiculous body kit and some rather cheap looking halfords alloys Knoooooob!!!

By reading some of the comments on here there are guys that know a lot. Just the usual stuff really mate. Timing chain rattle etc. Just be careful with older models as the bodywork around the wheel arches can bubble, becomes very expensive to put right. I really loved my e46, was considering trading mine for a an e46 m3 smg convertible.

Drove past some bell end this morning with a chaved up e36 coupe with a ridiculous body kit and some rather cheap looking halfords alloys Knoooooob!!!

biggrin.gif

U must have seen people like it. I like it when u get guys in their corsas or saxos etc who think they can race you. And if your reading this and thinking what's this don't have a BMW and wonder who I'm on about chances are its you! Rant over.

Hi everyone Im from the USA and I just joined this site today and I'm excited with all the info available. Hopefully I can be informative as I dig deep into my 1998 740il. I want to do tons of mods to it by next summer.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links