Front Bumper

On my Front bumper the laquer is peeling off, and the best quote ive had is £180, and they said that they would sand the top paint layer off spray it and then re laquer it.

Now the idea im thinking of is to do it myself, if i use a wet dry paper to take of the laquer and do the top coat of colour and laquer with aerosol paint, how hard can it be?.

And i have a few light scratches etc which i want sorted, so if i add all this together it will cost a shed load of dosh, so with that ive been looking around and i reckon i can buy everthing for £200, ive looked around and ive found a good polishing machine(2nd hand) and looking at this(http://www.detailing...ead.php?t=20127) i think i could do the stonechips/scratches etc).

Any tips or ideas.

pay the £180 and get it done right first time, its not a easy job. trust me , its my job lol

in all fair ness well done for saying you want to do it yourself but with rattle cans your not going to get a decent job, and the clearcoat wont be no were near as hard as 2k clearcoat and will cheap easily in no time.

shame im not near you really

• 2 weeks later...

i charge 130 pfor new bumper that are primed and just need a scotch and flat so 120 to do a repair on a bumper lacker flaking off and paint is a good price. ive worked in loads of bodyshops and managed 3 before opening up my own. 10 year ago you might of payed 80 for a bumper

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links