Newbie.

Andy1878

Afternoon all, just wanted to say hello, just joined up not actually got a BMW yet but I'm looking to change my Lexus IS200 for a Diesel 3 series touring so thought i'd sign up, will probably be after some advice on buying tips very soon, what to look for trim levels that sort of thing, so any advice, tips or general info would be greatly appreciated, will have a look through the site aswell to get some ideas for simple mods for when I get one, look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers Andy. :D

Guest Mister Dabsy

You did the right thing Andy ;)

Welcome to THE fastest growing BMW Owners Club mate...

Plenty of Facts 'n Fun here for you to join in with and good luck shopping for your new Beamer...

DAZ

Thanks guys, yes Andy i'm am indeed an Evertonian but don't let that put you off :lol: will post up what i'm after and see what people say, want to have a bit more input first though before I start with the questions.

Afternoon all, just wanted to say hello, just joined up not actually got a BMW yet but I'm looking to change my Lexus IS200 for a Diesel 3 series touring so thought i'd sign up, will probably be after some advice on buying tips very soon, what to look for trim levels that sort of thing, so any advice, tips or general info would be greatly appreciated, will have a look through the site aswell to get some ideas for simple mods for when I get one, look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers Andy. :D

Welcome along mate and the same as what the others said, stick around it's handy to know these guys they certainly know there stuff and have helped me out a number of times, remember to put pics up when you buy one and when you do buy one make sure you don't leave that garage without a full tank of fuel, that's what I did lol :)

Thanks guys, yes Andy i'm am indeed an Evertonian but don't let that put you off :lol: will post up what i'm after and see what people say, want to have a bit more input first though before I start with the questions.

im a blue myself :D

are you from liverpool then?

Thanks for the welcome guys, not buying new (I wish) I have seen a really nice 2001 touring on Autotrader it's exactly what I want, right wheels, right colour service history good trim level but has 125k on the clock which I'm not sure about as my Lex only has 101k so didn't really want anything higher than I already have.

If you guys are like every other forum you like pics so this is what I have a the moment.

SS852212.jpg

SS852213.jpg

Guest Mister Dabsy

Nice post mate, 125k is NOTHING for a BMW.... They are bulletproof pal... I have known BMW's go thru 300k before any refit - GOSPEL !

Guest Mister Dabsy

Nice post mate, 125k is NOTHING for a BMW.... They are bulletproof pal... I have known BMW's go thru 300k before any refit - GOSPEL !

Just "Run-in" if you ask me lol

Looking for 20l diesel touring, so I guess 144k is nothing aswell then, just found one pretty local and well within budget. Will be sorry to get rid of the Lex after spending the last for years firstly restoring it then modifying it but my current situation means I can't aford to run it any more so it has to go hence getting a Beemer as I don't want to downgrade.

I have a 2003 320d, mate you wont be dissapointed.

45-50mpg....even had over 60mpg on a long run!!!

150bhp, I think 243 torques.

Pulls like a train through every gear.

Go for the SE model, they are a little more specced.

Have you got a link to the one you found??

Guest Mister Dabsy

Gotta agree with Andy 'n Gav... Watched an old Top Gear this morning where the diesel ('04 plates) Kept up with the v8 lol...

Again, ze Germans do it best !!!

Their the ones I love the 2001 its exactly what I'm after but its not local and may be too far to go to find out It's a pig, not in a great rush but want one soon, might see if It's still available next weekend and go and have a look, would prefer a newer one though.

skem , not to fare then! im in huyton.

were having a meet in wales in a few weeks if yer up for it?

Not far at all mate, would have to bring my Lex so will wait until I've got a Beemer to start attending meets.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links