Would These Plates Be Legal?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mister Dabsy

Buy a set of white button velcro off ebay, only a few quid free postage... DON'T get black !!!!

I bought a set of ten, six for front and four for rear... Works a treat and un-noticed as they're white lol

Disclaimer- "Sorry Officer for they know not what they do!" + "But, but, but I didn't make them do it, honest!!"

Yeah as they before on previous posts, it is 100% illegal to change, adapt or modify your plates in anyway. The letters/numbers spaces are layed out in a set way as well as the yellow black writing. Your plate will get pinged on any automatic VRN data base or mobile unit and a fine may be issued. This then may lead to your vehicle getting searched, checked etc... Trust me as i am as Andy so put it 'a PIG'

Guest Mister Dabsy

BUT... By Law, you can only get physical plates by producing a "Log Book" to the maker... Another loophole is ebay :lol:

Trust me as i am as Andy so put it 'a PIG'

oops.jpg...

Im sure he ment no offence

My point though, I cant see the harm in having an extra space, as many plate have a logo on the left anyway, eg a flag or eu sign.

I'd do without that sign, move my letter to the left and put the extra space in the middle of my plate, it still reads the same when read and isnt missleading and doesnt try and spell something else, and im not putting a screw by any letter to make it look like a different letter..

Cant see what im doing wrong..

Decided not to change colour, im keeping uk standard size..

haha yeah its not a crime if you dont get caught

Sorry...Q's time lol

If i got pulled with this plate, had my old (legal) ones iin the boot and offerd to change them on the spot..where will I stand?

I think its going to be extreamly usfull having a police officer on here.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Hello... Officer Dabsy (PC1967)...

Yes, you will be offered the opportunity to remove the offending plates. However, you will be entered into the notebook for future reference.

HTH

i agree, paul your going to be a good help B)

i reckon if you pulled out legal ones your more likly to get a fine as then your admitting its spaced wrong, just play dumb.

ive been pulled but never had a word said about my plates. in liverpool there more bothered about other stuff though :lol:

i agree, paul your going to be a good help B)

i reckon if you pulled out legal ones your more likly to get a fine as then your admitting its spaced wrong, just play dumb.

ive been pulled but never had a word said about my plates. in liverpool there more bothered about other stuff though :lol:

Didnt think of it like that.....poo...decisions lol.....Its only a !Removed! number plate lol

Guest Mister Dabsy

It would be cheaper for Britain if the police updated their ANPR to recognise FONTS eh?

Just a thought B)

Maybe the above idea could be a precedent in court... Hmmmmm :blink:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links