Thinking Of Buying A 325Ti Compact

natch97

Hello There

I am new to the forum and as yet not a bimmer owner.

I am seriously considering buying a 2002 325ti compact as my regular transport and wondered how other owners find them.

I have one 3year old and a dog but i don't see this as a problem as i have owned a ford puma before.

The reason that i am looking for a compact is that I would love to drive a powerful RWD car but I hate driving salons or estates (bit like trying to have man time with boxing gloves on.). The looks of the compact do not put me off at all and the fact that it is a well designed and made bmw is a bonus.

Now my main query. The MPG for this car is listed at 23 urban and 40 on a run. Does anyone get anything near to this or believe it is do-able as I have 40 miles on the motorway to work every day. Also has anyone got an LPG kit on theirs and if so was it worth while. I will be doing about 25000miles a yeare in this car so if they work well I think it might be the way to go.

An feedback one way or the other would be a huge help.

Great forum by the way. Got lots of great info

Cheers guys

Welcome along Natch

Firstly 'bit like trying to have man time with boxing gloves on'...LMAO laughing.gif

Anyway, Cant comment on that engine, but I cant imagine you will get 40mpg imo.

And your making the right choice in make of car for high mileage, BMWs seem to go on and on. thumbs.gif

Just keep it regulary serviced and it will repay you with years of service.

Great name, Tommy Twinkie!! Used to have a Compact, cant remember mpg etc but i loved it loved it loved it. Best drive i had of all the bmws i have owned. Stuck to the road like glue. But had to sell when my Sons grew up a bit. The two doors just weren't working for us. Still miss that car.... :( But its probs not the most economical engine if thats whats really worrying you. lifes too short to hesitate, if it feels right it usually is.

Looked at 330d but as I said I really want a hatchback.

MPG is not a massive issue but doing 25000m a year means quite a difference between doing 30mpg on a run or 40.

As I said LPG is an option or if not I will have to look at a 318ti but not really what I was looking for.

Cheers for the comments guys. And Caz maybe 5 knuckle shuffle or hand shandy is more descriptive for you :D

OK so I have finally decided on a 318ti. It's a pitty cos I have found a 325ti sport with red leather interior. Looks amasing.

But after driving a few and watching the mpg needle almost never go over 30mpg it would be foulish of me to buy one to drive 80 miles a day.

Now my problem is finding one. My wife only likes the look of the sport models, we both want leather and we both only like red, black or silver.

I am searching ebay/autotrader regularally. are there any other good places to look. be speciallist

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links