Runflats

deano

Am about to go for run flats back to normal tyres. My question is when my car is due for its next mot and I have no spare due to having nowhere to put it , would it fail an mot? Albeit I would obviously have a can of puncture foam in the boot

I think it has to have a legal spare to pass, but I know loads of people who have taken there cars for MOT without spares and it hasn't been noticed.

But is is a risk to take.

Borrow on of someone and lob it in your boot for the day??!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers.Never thought shopping around for tyres could be such a pain. Too much choice. Got Bridgestones on since new, But am thinking of putting some other brands on instead maybe yokohamas or hankooks. Any info would be grateful

no difference the car detects the flat tyre by wheel resistance....if one wheel is running harder than the others then the light will come on

tbh run flats are not worth the money normal tyres will last longer and if you dont notice a flat tyre when getting into a car......youl certainly notice it when you start driving

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

TBH I have never used Runflats and the car I am about to pick up does not have em on it. I had a look on mytyre website and found that if your going for premium tyres the difference in cost is only around £20-£30 per corner. Although I am used to running a car with 215 width so tyres were always costly. IMHO I think its a fair price to pay I would rather not have the spare or have to use that tyre weld crap which renders a repairable tyre almost unusable. That said im unsure of the laws regarding runflats I think I read that you cannot have them repaired for whatever reason. The added benefit of then is that if you get a puncture in the middle of the motorway you just keep driving no faffing about. I think to say if you have a flat your not gonna drive it isnt the most intelligent statement(no offence intended mate0) of course you wont, but you may pick up the puncture on the move. A rapidly deflating tyre can easily come off the rim at speed if you dont notice it. The runflat sensor picks up tyre pressure BTW there is nothing inside the tyre its just stiffer tyre walls. These tyres can run with 0 PSI so all in all I personally with replace the tyres on mine with runflats when I can/need to.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links