Auot transmission

Gerry

Hi Just joined the forum today and proud owner of my first ever bmw

I helped my bro out with money troubles and in return i took his car from him (x5 4.4 ) which has a few issues, the auot box jumps out of gear a few times in and around town, but on long journeys it is fine, and I cant get the central locking to activate with the button on the key, has anyone experienced any of these problems before

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Just joined the forum today and proud owner of my first ever bmw

I helped my bro out with money troubles and in return i took his car from him (x5 4.4 ) which has a few issues, the auot box jumps out of gear a few times in and around town, but on long journeys it is fine, and I cant get the central locking to activate with the button on the key, has anyone experienced any of these problems before

Cheers

Gerry

Hi Gerry, the remote on certain cars needs to be pushed twice to unlock all the car doors. The first press of the button can be programed to only open the drivers door.The other problem may be that the key battery is flat.When the key is placed in the ignition it is automatically recharged. If its not been used much you need to take the car for a good drive to charge it.

IF you still have a problem BMW can reprogram the key to do all types of functions.

The gearbox could be lots of things, autos start to jump out of gear when they get high mileage and selectors get worn. Will need to go on computer to get fault codes. could be electrical.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links