help when buying my first bmw

s18 adt

hi all just after a quick bit of advice, i have seen a few bmw e46 coupes for sale that i am hopefully going to look at, i have £3000 to spend and have seen a few for sale, what can i expect for that sort of money?

also is there any advice when looking to purchase or anything particular that i should check, ive heard that i should go around the car with a pound coin and check that it just fits into all the craks around the bonet, doors etc

and finally what sort of milage is acceptable on a bmw with full service history.

help is much appreciated thanks

I`ve just bought my first BM and it has 270k on the clock and it pulls like a train and the gearbox is crisp obviously bmw built their cars to stand the test of time/boyracers mine only had 1 owner from new and has a full history but on mine I noticed the previous owner has fitted a new fuel pump at some point and a full gasket fitted also so if its a high mile car your looking at i`d check for leaks also my friends 325tds lost its crack when the gasket went and he never bothered with it, Knocks and bangs also as rear wheel drive and tokyo drift has proberly given some mid-life crisis men or yobos the idea that they can it do and maybe bust a drop link or damper on the back, heavyily kerbed back wheels would suggest that to

as gav says , mines on 117k and has a few niggles but nothing major are that worries me. my megane had 61k , always serviced every 6-10 months, always warmed up correctly and it was on its last legs when i sold it! nothing but problems. gav will no what i mean ;)

The Megane....

Under 80k....F##ked

BMW nearly 120k....just been ran in!!!

Need suspension rubbers and got a slight noise after shut down, narrowed it down to air...not woried at all..

I want a 5 series next and I aint got a prob with buying one with 150k on the clock..

I'll never have another car make again

id have a 5 series, really really want a e46 M3 though but insurance is giving me a big smack in the plums for the next few years lol

only other car id have is a evo 8 are 9, funny thing is though, insurance on the evo would be at my age now, no more than 2k fully comp. M3 = 3800!!!!!!

dont understand that one bit

hi, my e46 has done 120k. things to look for are front wish bone problems causing tyre wear. all do it at some point but better to get 1 thats been done. if u get a 320d make sure the engine breather has been changed regularly as this can cause major turbo problems. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links