CD changer problems.. HELP PLEASE

daveayoung

Hello all, just picked up my 2002 320ci se on Saturday and I am very happy with it.. the only issue I have is that the head unit doesn't seem to pick up the Cd Changer? The Cd Changer does have power as when I eject the magazine it ejects so power there. When I press the mode button to select CD player it only offers me tape or radio? does this mean the cable from the Cd Changer is not connected?? any ideas would be great.. Many thanks, David

Hello all, just picked up my 2002 320ci se on Saturday and I am very happy with it.. the only issue I have is that the head unit doesn't seem to pick up the CD changer? The CD changer does have power as when I eject the magazine it ejects so power there. When I press the mode button to select CD player it only offers me tape or radio? does this mean the cable from the CD changer is not connected?? any ideas would be great.. Many thanks, David

Yep, deffo a lose connection, check the back of the stereo mate.

I could try that but my engine management light is on and its booked in for diagnostics early tomorrow so wouldn't want the light to go off before the warranty runs out. I'l try all these things lunch time tomorrow. cheers for your help I forgot to add. I just cant see how the wire between the two ends could be faulty?? it has to be a connection fault at either end. I've read through the manual and seems like if the head unit picks up the changer then there will be an option for it. And I don't have to program it in.

tbh the garage should fix it under its warranty not the AA its upto the garage to fix any problems under a warranty period the AA are the ones that fund the fixes.

The AA won't touch it I don't think.....Its like buying a loaf of warburtons bread from tesco and theres mould on it....Tesco wouldn't tell you to go to warburtons about it, they would deal with it. Same issue.

I must requote Greeney as he has got a point

The AA won't touch it I don't think.....Its like buying a loaf of warburtons bread from tesco and theres mould on it....Tesco wouldn't tell you to go to warburtons about it, they would deal with it. Same issue.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links