325 F1 Williams convertable

I bought my wife a 53 plate 325 F1 Williams convertable about 6 years ago. It's hardly been used....only 28,000 on the clock. It's Monaco Blue with white leather interior, with F1 Williams embossed in the headrests, plus a dual blue strip through all of the leather. There's a plaque on the dash reading 'car 12 of 26'.... The BMW garage says it's reasonable rare. I'm not thinking of selling it, but just wondered how rare it is, and whether I should lock it away for a few years....??

I bought my wife a 53 plate 325 F1 Williams convertable about 6 years ago. It's hardly been used....only 28,000 on the clock. It's Monaco Blue with white leather interior, with F1 Williams embossed in the headrests, plus a dual blue strip through all of the leather. There's a plaque on the dash reading 'car 12 of 26'.... The BMW garage says it's reasonable rare. I'm not thinking of selling it, but just wondered how rare it is, and whether I should lock it away for a few years....??

Welcome to the club mate,

It must be a rare one as its one of 26, plus I cant find one on the web anywhere??

Got anymore info and pics?

• 11 months later...

Some pictures attached

Hi I have just been browsing the web and come across your forum and think i can answer some of your queries in particular the history of the car, that is if you still own it/interested as i believe i know thw first owner of this car

if you are interested get in touch.

regards

Surely this car has gotta be as rare as rockin horse poo !! Id lock that poo away and keep it mint and only drive it to certain shows to show mere mortals an obviously very rare Beemer !! LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE LOTS !!

Surely this car has gotta be as rare as rockin horse poo !! Id lock that poo away and keep it mint and only drive it to certain shows to show mere mortals an obviously very rare Beemer !! LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE,LIKE LOTS !!

+1 B)

Hi I have just been browsing the web and come across your forum and think i can answer some of your queries in particular the history of the car, that is if you still own it/interested as i believe i know thw first owner of this car

if you are interested get in touch.

regards

Hi Gav

this car was brought from new by me for my wife,it is one of 26 that were supplied by bmw to sytner in nottingham to celebrate the new show rooom.

they arrived in the Monaco blue with the M Sport kit but in black leather.

Sytner then re trimmedf them in the Williams trim as members of the william team attended the opening and lant them a previous years F1 car for display.

the car cost new £34,000 which was standard list for 325i convertible at the time when we part exchanged this vehicle at BMW it was still showing as black leather

there were several 3 series models from coupes and i beleive 1 M3 trimmed up, i know of two left in nottingham

does any onr now if this guy still owns the vehicle

cheers

does any one know if this guy still owns this car

Thanks for the info guys. Really interesting. Yes, we still own it. We purchased it from Chesterfield BMW. It was on a 53 plate. It has a personal number plate now, so i can't remember the original without looking in our files ( I know it had a 'Z' in it..!!. Still a beautiful car. Not that I am thinking of selling, but how would a value be placed on it, if it is as rare as you say it is....??

Cheers

Steve

Hi Gav

this car was brought from new by me for my wife,it is one of 26 that were supplied by bmw to sytner in nottingham to celebrate the new show rooom.

they arrived in the Monaco blue with the M Sport kit but in black leather.

Sytner then re trimmedf them in the Williams trim as members of the william team attended the opening and lant them a previous years F1 car for display.

the car cost new £34,000 which was standard list for 325i convertible at the time when we part exchanged this vehicle at BMW it was still showing as black leather

there were several 3 series models from coupes and i beleive 1 M3 trimmed up, i know of two left in nottingham

does any onr now if this guy still owns the vehicle

cheers

does any one know if this guy still owns this car

Cheers

Thanks for the info guys. Really interesting. Yes, we still own it. We purchased it from Chesterfield BMW. It was on a 53 plate. It has a personal number plate now, so i can't remember the original without looking in our files ( I know it had a 'Z' in it..!!. Still a beautiful car. Not that I am thinking of selling, but how would a value be placed on it, if it is as rare as you say it is....??

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve

if it is the car i brought for my wife which was a 53 plate and the dates you gave for purchasing the car fits as she part exchanged for a discovery at approx the time you brought and i know Stratstone past it onto a BMW dealer. the previous owners initial should have been Mrs M B

that is so long as no one else owned before you purchased with approx 11,000 on the clock

She realy was something special and not sure why we ever let her go. good to see shes still going strong and looking as good as she did when we purchaes her

only problem we ever had was people hanging around when she was parked and scuffing the paint work.

Cheers

Keith

Brilliant thread Mart..

Got me a bit emotional lol

Showed the wife, she aint got a clue why i think the previous and current owners have got in touch after such a long time over such a beautiful car.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links