Tyre Recomendation

Morning Ben

Tyres take care as they can be a huge issue with AWD cars of all makes

The X5 is sensitive to differences in rolling radius between front and rear tyres so changing tyres needs some thought particularly with staggered set ups. BMW/Mercedes had agreements with tyre manufacturers to make sure the rolling radius is within tolerances. If the front and rear are out of tolerance you will get transmission wind up and ultimately damage to the transfer case and or diffs.

If you are needing tyres due to uneven wear (inside edge) the lower ball joint is probably worn so it makes sense to make sure all is good before shelling out on tyres that won't last long. 

On my 4.6 my last set of tyres were Accelera Iota (recommended by a guy on another site) and they have been a pleasant surprise great price and decent handling in all conditions 18k on them so far. I got them from Oponeo delivered to a local fitting centre and had all 4 fitted and 4 wheel alignment.

Good Luck

Dave

Hi Ben

A guy I know quite well at Tyre City recommended a Tyre Distributor named Camskill when I was needing some tyres last year.

Their prices were very competitive and what I ordered were delivered in just a few days.  Tyre City then fitted and balanced them for me for a reasonable price.

I won't tell you the guy's name or which depot he works at just in case a Tyre City Manager is a BMW fan as well !!

Hope this helps.

John