Rattling At Back Right And Wheel Arch Seems Low On One Side??

DeanT

Hi all as the title says whenever I go over a bump it sounds like two metal plates rattling and I noticed today that the drivers side rear is a lot lower than the passenger side..... Any ideas what it could be and how much it's gonna cost? Any help would be appreciated cheers

From a !Removed! off renewed insurance, taxed car, been on three holidays and a low bank account MOT this month and need two new front tyres ...BMW owner!!!

Sounds like a good price to me ...where to start looking now and I ain't got tools or time (or knowledge if I'm honest) to do this myself how hard can it be though? Well cheers for the info ill get looking on the Internet

Rears are very simple to change mate...

Basically jack up and secure car.
Take wheel off
Undo bottom bolt on shock
Pull spring out...

Put new spring in and do everything in reverse

15 minutes a side dude

Get some springs, come to the Milton Keynes meet the last Sunday of the month and I'll do it there for you.

In fact, I have 2 second hand springs you can have £30 for the M sport ones that are 30mm lower or £25 for normal ones.

Ill fit for free at the meet?

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan mate as long as work don't screw me over (military!) for that meet, as of yet I'm not sure what type I need ! I guess it's the M Sport ones as that's my car so all being well yeah ill take those if that's ok and ill see you there, but like I said work can be last min.com at times. Ill keep you updated cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like others have said it will the coil spring, and its an easy job as I am no expert and I managed to change mine ok, it took me a bit longer than 15mins but I did it and it was still daylight so that was a good sign lol

Next time will be quicker :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links