Ac Schnitzer

Dazz

There isn't an ACS 323i as such .

The only engines ACS did on E36 was a 3.0 and a 3.2 .

The 3.0 was the early 2.5 with a long throw crank and the 3.2 was the later 2.8 with same thing .

ACS never did E36/E46 with just an ECU re-map or cams , only the full engine conversions .

I know as I've had both . The 3.0 was 240PS the 3.2 was 260PS .

There was a cam kit available at the time from Schrick (who supply ACS) which upgraded the

2.5 engine to 218PS and the 2.8 to 228PS . There was also an E36 Alpina B2.5 which was

222PS .

P8100042.jpg

many thanks for your info :) just talking to last owner who happens to be my flat mate an he said that is what he was told it was :wacko:

or maybe some confusion as it has schnitzer parts fitted thanks again chris :)

gav .... +1 ???

yes that is what im thinking im still waiting on all the history for it but it has had 1000s spent on it .as for a print out i will have look an see and yes if there is i show but to be honest after reading chrislux info i feel a bit gutted and thinking of selling when she is finished

I've got the same motor (323ci acs). Full conversion bar any major engine mods. From what I gather from acs, its all down to personal preference when you give it to them, so it's very hard to tell what cars running what as they vary so much. ALOT come from them with full interior/exterior works but the engines untouched, like mine : (

Thinking about it, when I last spoke to acs they were able to get up the history of the work they had carried out to mine (and that's going back 15 years). Give them a bell and see what they can dig out. I did it just because I'm nosy ; )

If I remember correctly , AC never offered a 'full house' E36 ACS3 in the UK throughout

the whole of it's lifespan . Everything was available EXCEPT the engine .

It's only when Rossiters 'lost' the franchise to BMW UK , that AC offered the full conversion

ACS3 , but that was the E46 3.0 supercharged model with 305PS (with full BMW warranty incl.)

and even that didn't go all the way through the E46 lifespan , they stopped offering it towards

the end .

I apologize for sounding a bit high-horsed , but (and I'm sure you're not case) I really hate

people advertising cars as what they're not . However , I can see now that it is possible in the

UK to have had a 323i ACS , but it wudn't be given the revered ACS3 badge .

evening all :) iv been told by last owner that it was rolling roaded about 3 years ago at 260bhp as i said i havent received the history for it yet am im sure if it is that power there will be a print out to prove .as for engine mods i couldnt tell you :( iv only driven it myself for about 15 mins down back roads home so it was about a 25mph trip i got it as a restoration project and is sorn :( as i say the car belonged to my mate so i have been in it many time and it is awesome :) my mate owend this car for four years and the owner before had spent around 7500 . im gratefull for all of your info :)

Yeah ive never come across an e36 323ci acs that has had any engine mods included so warrant an ACS3 badge. Does this bring up the m-tech body kit so people insist on putting m3 badge on argument Chris??

Ah yes , I believe it might :rolleyes:

evening all :) iv been told by last owner that it was rolling roaded about 3 years ago at 260bhp as i said i havent received the history for it yet am im sure if it is that power there will be a print out to prove .as for engine mods i couldnt tell you :( iv only driven it myself for about 15 mins down back roads home so it was about a 25mph trip i got it as a restoration project and is sorn :( as i say the car belonged to my mate so i have been in it many time and it is awesome :) my mate owend this car for four years and the owner before had spent around 7500 . im gratefull for all of your info :)

If it really has got 260PS , then it's definately not a standard 323i :D . It's unlikely it'll be a 'real' ACS as they didn't import their engines into UK (unless it was a one off for a very wealthy person-or they bought it in Germany themselves) . Also the full-house 3.0 was £15,000 in '93 when I bought my first one !!

Even so , if it's fully documented etc let's not take anything away from it , it sounds a very tasty car , so enjoyyyyyy it .

im hopeing it does have :) i will sort out all the paper work for it when i get it and be sure to to share my finds with you :) im hopeing to have it ready next year as there is some bits that need sorting mainly silly bits but four tyres im in need of so they and mot will have to wait untill new year

i have just done some gooleing and looking at pics of mine and genuin schnitzers and the only things schnitzer on mine are the wheels handbrake gear ##### theouter door trims and also a really nice front lower lip but took off as it is badly damaged :(

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links