1St Time Bmw Owner!

d_a_n1979

Howdy :D

Went & bought myself a grey/gun metal gret BMW 728i (2000 x reg) from a very nice chap in Glasgow today & thoroughly enjoyed the drive back to Preston :)

I'm a 1st time BMW owner although my parents & borther all have BMW's. I've had numerous Honda's (Integra DC5, Del Sol, EG6 SiR-S, Prelude BB8 and finally an Accord Type R) as well as a couple of MG ZT's in between but decided that I wanted a luxury, comfy & automatic car to drive around in and settled on the 728i as I love the shape and the 2.8 straight 6 engine is just ultra smooth!

I'm a big'ish lad at 6ft 4 and 22 stone through competing in rugby union (& league at times) for nearly 16 years and upon retirement (forced through 6 broken ribs) I took up the gym & got into powerlifting, weightlifting and strongmand and have just retired 12months ago from those competitions after a solid & enjoyable 7 years!

Decided that competing just wasnt in me any more; still train like an eeijit at the gym though :lol:

The 728i is in great nick; body very straight indeed & ultra clean inside (although it'll be cleaner when I've finished with it)! 18" 'straight spoke' alloys with massive tyres (not sure which alloys they are but the previous owner thinks they may have been off a 750i). Engine bay very clean indeed; lots of history and all old MOT's (did the usual online checks though and everything marries up perfectly) ^_^

The alloys will need to be refubed so I'll probably get that done soon. 1st jobs are new discs & pads all round (a far bit of wobble when slowing down from motorway speeds :( ) and full wheel balancing, tracking & alignment will hopefully be done tomorrow. Then a nice snow foa batch, solid wash (or 2) and a good polish as well (weather permitting)!

I'll get some pics up ASAP B)