Jas's Slammed Bmw 7 Series

Jas

Good stuff Shaun! Just make sure you get the correct size tyres either way as the wheel sensors are stupidly sensitive - I've had to temporarily disable my ABS and ASC!

Jas what tyre sizes can you use without it affecting the wheel sensors??? :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the front wheels 235/50/18 and for the rears 255/45/18. Those are the OEM size tyres and those are the tyres that will prevent the wheel sensors from interfering :)

My tyres are completely wrong so ignore any other size for your car. I've disabled the ABSand the ASC myself and wouldn't reccomend anybody else to do so... Especially those of you with kids!

yep she is all colour coded, sits nice and low, and the deep dish alloys look the nuts but Jas your car is really coming along, looks really nice, after selling my V70r i have been banned from all mods on the Beemer but did manage to slip in a K&N filter, and Iridium Plugs.

Cheers David appreciate the love, the car's come quite a way from the day I bought it, I loved it when it was standard but now it's finally got my personal touches on it!

For the front wheels 235/50/18 and for the rears 255/45/18. Those are the OEM size tyres and those are the tyres that will prevent the wheel sensors from interfering :)

My tyres are completely wrong so ignore any other size for your car. I've disabled the ABSand the ASC myself and wouldn't reccomend anybody else to do so... Especially those of you with kids!

cheers for the help jas its much appreciated :D

yep she is all colour coded, sits nice and low, and the deep dish alloys look the nuts but Jas your car is really coming along, looks really nice, after selling my V70r i have been banned from all mods on the Beemer but did manage to slip in a K&N filter, and Iridium Plugs.

totally agree with the above :D same uve been banned from doing more mods :( is there much difference between normal and Iridium plugs???

totally agree with the above :D same uve been banned from doing more mods :( is there much difference between normal and Iridium plugs???

iridium plugsare meant to be more effecient and better for economy plus supposed to slightly boost BHP, mine certainly runs better, feels slightly more responsive and still good on juice, only banned because i made the V70r into a sub 5.5 sec 0-60, plus spent a few more quid on it than i told her.... but i like keeping the 7 series original because she is in A1 condition but have replaced badges etc to tidy up....now just got to get a digi box to upgrade the TV......

Cheers David appreciate the love, the car's come quite a way from the day I bought it, I loved it when it was standard but now it's finally got my personal touches on it!

thats all part of the fun Jas, gotto add a few lilbits here and there.....but as i said does look nice mate

iridium plugsare meant to be more effecient and better for economy plus supposed to slightly boost BHP, mine certainly runs better, feels slightly more responsive and still good on juice, only banned because i made the V70r into a sub 5.5 sec 0-60, plus spent a few more quid on it than i told her.... but i like keeping the 7 series original because she is in A1 condition but have replaced badges etc to tidy up....now just got to get a digi box to upgrade the TV......

ill have to get myself some of them for me old girl lol how much are they and where is the best place to get them from? !Removed! hell thats a quick V 70r :D thats what im doing with me 7 keeping her original ,got some lights and badges to replace etc also got to get a bmw Cd Changer as mine went the other month :(

about 40 quid on ebay for the six, and a k&N panel filter is about 40 quid, yeah the R was quick but was no way standard, was an auto but would do about 85 in 2nd before changing up, awesome in the mid range but now sadly she is gone........think she was just under 300 BHP but was boosting at about 19psi ...

about 40 quid on ebay for the six, and a k&N panel filter is about 40 quid, yeah the R was quick but was no way standard, was an auto but would do about 85 in 2nd before changing up, awesome in the mid range but now sadly she is gone........think she was just under 300 BHP but was boosting at about 19psi ...

thats not bad for prices ill get me some of them i think :D but will have to wait until after me wedding in 2weeks time B) !Removed! hell thats quick,why did ya get rid of her :(

All the best with your wedding Shaun, The K&N filter is a good price as you never have to change again, go for the direct replacement and not all the induction kit etc still suppossedly gives an extra 10bhp and better economy plus you only have to clean it once a year ( pearsonnally i do mine twice.) the iridium plugs are a bit of a new thing i thought i would try but again supoosedly last longer, give much better spark, so meant to increase bhp and economy. but about £15-20 dearer than ordiary Bosch.

I was goona keep the R and make her into something even more special, but the missus got fed up with the R just sitting on the drive, it had no tax, mot or insurance plus needed about a good £1000 spent for mot....As soon as i got the 7, i use it all the time...so i had to nae a choice keep the R or the 7 series....not a hard choice as always been a BMW man and always loved the E38 but never had one....so sold the R as she was and made more money out of her as she was than doing the work required......bit gutted as the R was great fun, especially when she would destroy a M3 or when we sat on the ##### of a 911 but still prefer my 7 series.......Good luck with your wedding mate and all the best

All the best with your wedding Shaun, The K&N filter is a good price as you never have to change again, go for the direct replacement and not all the induction kit etc still suppossedly gives an extra 10bhp and better economy plus you only have to clean it once a year ( pearsonnally i do mine twice.) the iridium plugs are a bit of a new thing i thought i would try but again supoosedly last longer, give much better spark, so meant to increase bhp and economy. but about £15-20 dearer than ordiary Bosch.

I was goona keep the R and make her into something even more special, but the missus got fed up with the R just sitting on the drive, it had no tax, mot or insurance plus needed about a good £1000 spent for mot....As soon as i got the 7, i use it all the time...so i had to nae a choice keep the R or the 7 series....not a hard choice as always been a BMW man and always loved the E38 but never had one....so sold the R as she was and made more money out of her as she was than doing the work required......bit gutted as the R was great fun, especially when she would destroy a M3 or when we sat on the ##### of a 911 but still prefer my 7 series.......Good luck with your wedding mate and all the best

cheers mate i will,just cant wait for it to be all over with lol ill defo get the plugs and the filter ,she could do with some new bits and bobs :D thats a very very quick R :D like you i love me 7 :D

looking at the 2nd pic< i think sits nice as is......mine the 18" just fill up the wheel arch on the front and rear, so sits very square and low which is the original Mtech Sport suspension etc but looks nice as i say when the whells fill up the arches... but really like how yours looks now .......

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links