Jas's Slammed Bmw 7 Series

Jas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya mate, it's just the way it is from factory - it's the non colour coded version of the 7!

ohh i thought you had it painted that way,dont know that you could get some like that from the factory,showed me missus the pics of yours and she said i should get it done on mine :)

I think it was the 728i sport models that exclusively had the colour coded sills and bumpers mate :) the SE spec had black sills :)

ahh got ya,ive got a 98' 728i with colour coded sills so does that make it a sport? how can u tell if its a sport?

Mine is a genuine 728i Mtech Sport, 1- it is on the log book, 2- as jas said the real sports have black headlining, 3- again as jas says they are completely colour coded and de chromed, but the difference is the real sport have a different diff and gear ratio so are slightly faster by about 0.7 of a sec something like that but there is loads out there that have the steering wheel and alloys but are not sports, apparently according to a site i was on the real genuine 7 series sport is quite rare as most wanted the luxury packs but also a genuine sport has firmer suspension and sits a bit lower ......hope this helps

Hiya James thanks for the kind words! The car park pictures were taken literally just after I'd fitted the wheels, got kicked out by security though otherwise there'd have been more :(

Mine is a genuine 728i Mtech Sport, 1- it is on the log book, 2- as jas said the real sports have black headlining, 3- again as jas says they are completely colour coded and de chromed, but the difference is the real sport have a different diff and gear ratio so are slightly faster by about 0.7 of a sec something like that but there is loads out there that have the steering wheel and alloys but are not sports, apparently according to a site i was on the real genuine 7 series sport is quite rare as most wanted the luxury packs but also a genuine sport has firmer suspension and sits a bit lower ......hope this helps

cheers mate this helps loads,it sounds like ive just got a normal 728i lol :( but i still love me old girl :D

To be honest the 7 is a fairly comfortable car even though I've absolutely slammed it on it's chuff on the 18s! It was alot more comfortable on the 16s though but I love the look of the 18s, even with a lower profile tyre!

To be honest the 7 is a fairly comfortable car even though I've absolutely slammed it on it's chuff on the 18s! It was alot more comfortable on the 16s though but I love the look of the 18s, even with a lower profile tyre!

i love the look of the 18s but i might play safe and go with 17s lol i cant lower her to much cos theres too many !Removed! pot holes and speed humps down here lol

Good luck finding some 17s for the 7 mate, the OEM sizes were only 16s and 18s, the 17s had a weird tyre size and in putting them on you risk messing with your wheel sensors, this in turn makes the car go into 'limp mode' where the ABS and ASC will cut in and limit you everytime you even think about driving the car - what wheels are on the car currently mate?

Good luck finding some 17s for the 7 mate, the OEM sizes were only 16s and 18s, the 17s had a weird tyre size and in putting them on you risk messing with your wheel sensors, this in turn makes the car go into 'limp mode' where the ABS and ASC will cut in and limit you everytime you even think about driving the car - what wheels are on the car currently mate?

at the mo ive got the standard 16s like yours mate before you changed them well looks like i wont be getting 17s if they mess the car up,ill either get different 16s or go bigger to 18s mate :D

Good stuff Shaun! Just make sure you get the correct size tyres either way as the wheel sensors are stupidly sensitive - I've had to temporarily disable my ABS and ASC!

cheers mate this helps loads,it sounds like ive just got a normal 728i lol :( but i still love me old girl :D

yeah but just means you have the luxury of the 7, being a sport doesnt make much difference, all have the same toys and extras etc and on a 7 thats what counts, Luxury

because mine is the sport i have the Mtech 18" low profiles with the great BMW idea of wider at the rear and slightly narrower at the front, so cant swapp round but having the mtech 18s and the sport suspension she still is so comfortable and glides lovely just hugs the corners better but i would def go with 18" as being a big car def looks nicer with bigger alloys....

yeah but just means you have the luxury of the 7, being a sport doesnt make much difference, all have the same toys and extras etc and on a 7 thats what counts, Luxury

i thought that there would be a difference between the 2, but defo got the Luxury :D

because mine is the sport i have the Mtech 18" low profiles with the great BMW idea of wider at the rear and slightly narrower at the front, so cant swapp round but having the mtech 18s and the sport suspension she still is so comfortable and glides lovely just hugs the corners better but i would def go with 18" as being a big car def looks nicer with bigger alloys....

18s its going to be then :D

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links