Hankook Rubber?

IanIOM

Whilst working out my sums on whether to fix the e39 or not,in addition to new bonnet,roof and screen it also needs 4 yes 4 new tyres! For last 8 years it has had dunlops fitted,however 255/40/17 dunlops are the best part of 200 quid each!fronts about 120 each! Which leads me to look at alternatives,so does anyone have any comments on the performance of hankook tyres? The car does 25,000 miles plus a year and quite often will travel at 100+ so tyres are quite important to me!

I do about 18k a year mate, always brought budget or used what ever came with new wheels.

I once brought Dunlop sports for the rear of the E46, chewed the !Removed! out of them..

Budgets all day mate

Part worns LOL that what I do. £15 a tyre then just burn the living pony out of them. Rinse and repeat LOL

Budget Budget Budget =D haha

Www.mytyres are the best I found for budget tyres same as gav for me only time I buy a branded tyre is if it's on a set of wheels the wheels I have now came with new buget tyres and were cheaper than buying branded tyres when thyes are on way I look for another set of wheels with tyres

i run hankooks,and travel flat out most of the time,on mways that is. They get a bit loose at over 130 on twisty bumpy bits,but if the roads fairly normal then you should have no probs. For the money they are unbeatable. Once warmed up they are good enough for the average driver. If your name is Hamilton or Senna then maybe there is something else out there that would be better suited. I stress i am a fast mover,and most do not travel at the speeds i do. I reiterate, performance is tip top for the money,they even wear well. My sons 325 runs contis and i still rate the Kookies compared to them. I run my 328 0n as cheap a budget as possible,and have tried various tyres over the last 100,000 miles and i wont be looking elsewhere when tyre time comes around. Oh yea on my last trip to Germany they took all the Autobahns by storm, even in atrocious weather they came through,it was a pleasure too test them in horrendous rain storms. Dont be fooled by the Brands, unless your on a track or against a clock then these are good enough.

i have 225/45/17 all round at present but might try a slightly smaller size on the front when they wear out,as some claim it helps the handling. You can find em for around £100 or less per corner,ahhh,value for money i love em. If you drive fairly sedately you should see 25000 miles easy on the front and not much less on the back,unless you have traction control turned off.

i've just bought 2 conti's for trade price....220 for the 2....225 40 18s......i bought the car with some on but they are worn now.i think they're great tyresfor that price.they are usually 300 quid for the 2.

i get budget for mine last ones were federal £65 fitter 225/40/17

on the zafira they are 225/40/18 and again federal £65 fitted n i cain the chit out of it round town n on the motaway 130+ empty of cause n never had any issues they grip like fly paper in dry n wet n on the taxi i do around 12000 miles a front set

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links