Hi All 1St Time Bmw Owner Here!

karlos2010uk

Hi all,

Hope everybody is well today...

I have recently purchased a BMW 320i SE (1994) 140k FSH.. this is the first time i have owned a BMW and drove one...

Here it is....

post-3144-0-44749100-1331035415_thumb.jp

post-3144-0-30759700-1331035420_thumb.jp

post-3144-0-31705700-1331035425_thumb.jp

post-3144-0-68655200-1331035429_thumb.jp

I have a few issues with it that i will post in the relevant forum section and hope you can help..

Thanks

Karl

Thanks for the welcomes....

The car was\is the best example of a 320 that was for sale under £600 currently on any of the used car sites, took me 3mths of waiting searching to find this... almost had a 328i in December but someone beat me to it... anyways paid £360 for the car and the 320 needs some work, welds on the rear jacking points 9will be done this weekend) and the ABS Light is on so need to diag which sensor is at fault.... totally solid arches and panels paintwork is fantasic for age, the grey leather needs tarting up with a clean otherwise its spot on...

ABS light is a common fault matey ;)

I just hope it aint the ECU thats at fault and its just a sensor, i read in the common faults page something about the solder points.... i had this issue on my 1st Fiat Bravo fortunately i guy off the BOO forum knew how to fix them....

How likely is ti to be this....

Antilock Braking System:

-Faulty ABS pump motor relays manufactured prior to May ’96 can trigger the ABS warning light.

Karl it will be a sensor IMO or just a sensor needs cleaning

I !Removed! hope so... the MOT centre said the n/s front brake was weaker than the other so i'll start there me thinks... cant wait for the weekend so i can get my hands dirty, 1st to grind off the bolts on the exhaust where it joins the cat back, then weld up the jacking points on the rear and check the brakes.... once thats done its off to the MOT shop again.....

Hi Dabsy are the ABS sensors magnetic on the 94 320i or spigots, when you say fins? do you mean the dust guards at the back of the discs..... to be honest no idea how old the fluid is i'll check the last service sheet...

Guest Mister Dabsy

Yes magneto jobbies and NOT the plate but the oposing fins which can get clogged up with brake dust or general road grime, or simply rust as they are steel !!

Not a happy chappy i got the ECU Reader software though today from Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-PC-CAR-DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-CODE-READER-PA-SOFT-1-3-6-/150771202591?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item231aa9fa1f#ht_2006wt_952 and what i have received is version 1.4.0 which is a USB cable not serial... contacted seller so hopefully they can correct this and send me the right one...

• 3 weeks later...

Parking Sensors.

I recently bought a BMW 750i and I have had the parking sensors both front and rear, stollen twice in the last six months.

Has anyone else been a victim of this very costly and distressfull crime. The police has been of liitle help and BMW customer services were even worse.

I will be grateful for any advice on this subject.

Parm in Essex

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links