Tell Me About The 320D

Jas

Evening everyone!

I'd like as much info on the 320d as possible. Reason being I've been offered a 320Cd at a pretty good price and I'm just waiting for a time and day to look at the thing. So, I'd like as much info as possible:

Price of road tax.

Average fuel economy figures around town.

How it feels in terms of performance and acceleration.

Ride comfort.

Cabin noise.

Solidity - how the build quality feels.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand whatever else you'd like to add really, from re-maps to reverse lights tell me what you know!

Also, if anyone who knows what I've done with my car, the 320Cd will be more or less another project :)

Thanks,

Jas

148 bhp standard

243 torques...they make me biggrin.gif

8.8 seconds to 60

142mph top speed.

Group 14 insurance.

£190 a year tax.

45mpg town driving.

55mpg+ motorway. ( had 65mpg on mine.)

Around £85 notes to fill the tank.

Swirl flaps the main issue, can cost a fortunes if they fail....trust me angry.gif...only £30 to replace.

Acceleration, well it puts you back in the seat through every gear all they way to 120mph

Ride comfort is BMW standard until put on harder springs. But I'm still happy with mine.

Cabin noise is good until 70mph then you start to get a little wind noise, but nothing to major, just turn stereo up smile.gif

Solidity....geeza...its a BMW.

Sweeeeeet! Nice one Gav mate that's pretty much all of it covered! This car I'm looking at has just had it's turbo replaced under warranty and some of the rear axle and wheel replaced at BMW, so by the sounds of it I needn't worry about too much.

55mpg you say?! Phwoar that is a good bit of news!

Regarding the ride, I'll be slamming it on coilovers just as the E36 anyway, so that won't be an issue :D

Sweeeeeet! Nice one Gav mate that's pretty much all of it covered! This car I'm looking at has just had it's turbo replaced under warranty and some of the rear axle and wheel replaced at BMW, so by the sounds of it I needn't worry about too much.

55mpg you say?! Phwoar that is a good bit of news!

Regarding the ride, I'll be slamming it on coilovers just as the E36 anyway, so that won't be an issue :D

Just get them swirl flaps done ASAP mate, cost me nearly £1500 for an engine rebuild.

Think they've also been done Gav from what my matey tells me, so that's a relief! And that does look smart, the one I'm looking at is ofcourse the Coupé which for me was the defining 3-Series growing up, and it will more or less be the same style agenda that my E36 was put through!

Sounds good jas. But you best be on our stand at the pod next year with it ;-)

Will try mate, I'm on loads of forums, I'm not even on bimmerforums but I got a picture with those fine ladies!

Should have the E46 by then, and in ownership I should've had it slammed on it's nose by then too!

My next hit is gonna be an e46 330/335 turbo diesel :)

You mean the 330d? They didn't make the 335d in the E46, the 330 was the biggest engine both diesel or petrol in the E46. The E9X models became available with the 335d engine - just my tuppence!

Well itll be a 330d then !!

p.s. I know girls that call theyre 'lady bits' a tuppence,lmfao...Jas has got a tuppence,lmfao ;)

LOL shaaaart it! Back in YOUR day they used to called 2p a tuppence! Memory fails you matey ;)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links