LoudScotsBloke

Hello all. I have never owned a BMW before, I have traditionaly been a SAAB man myself, however, I am looking at buying a 1998 523i SE. I love the idea of the straight 6 with 2.5 litres. Is there anything I should be looking for with regards to the 523? I am looking over the car on Friday, so was just looking for advice.

Many thanks.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Welcome to the Forum, Roy...

Pretty much as Gav says, plus check all the fluids and take a test drive while the engine is COLD.

Also bear in mind that the engine is the slightly lower powered version of the 2.5 !!

Guest Mister Dabsy

Have a look at the "Official" mpg figures... Your engine will be the BMW M52, Google it.... Then totally ignore it ;)

The engine HAS to be spot-on to get those numbers, but this engine is very forgiving, I have the 2.8 version.

Well, I am now the proud owner of an almost mint 523i SE!! and I love it!! She is so silky smooth, and everything just seems effortless. Just been on a 210 mile round trip to the mother-in-law's and the car was perfect. I think I am going to love being a BMW owner.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links