New Guy With Questions

ollieplimsoles

Hello everyone. My name is Mark and I have a problem that I believe you can help with.

I currently own 2 Mercedes Benz ( sorry please don't flame! :D ), a 1984 500sec MoT'd to May 2012 and a 190e MoT'd to September 2012. I need to swap or sell these as I am moving to a new home without the space.

Anyway, the BMW bit. A chap has offered me a 1988 E30 Baur Convertible in exchange. I know very little about these other than they were a stop gap until the factory convertible appeared? I also have read that the smaller engined variants i.e. 316i, 318i are best avoided and that the 320i, 325i and the 318iS are the best bets. They didn't make a diesel I think?

Any advice graetly appreciated... oh any anybody with a nice BMW for swap in NI just drop me a line. :)

SORRY I DID'NT READ THE INTRO - TOPIC MOVED TO 3 SERIES FORUM

Apologies,

Mark S.

Hey :)

Welcome to BMWOC nice to have you here. Firstly, indeed the E30 is a lovely car. I would personally avoid the 316i and the 318i as they are 4cylinder engines and im a bit of a 6potter fan :)

As far as I am aware, the only diesel available at the time was the E28 5 series the 524d which was a mad oilburning machine! :D the E30 was too sporty at the time to have an engine like the M21

HTH

Daz

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links