Tvr To Bmw

Langdonfairchild

post-1893-0-88647400-1316047333_thumb.jppost-1893-0-30752900-1316047390_thumb.jppost-1893-0-99306600-1316047467_thumb.jppost-1893-0-98496800-1316045963_thumb.jppost-1893-0-03157900-1316046033_thumb.jppost-1893-0-02887000-1316046099_thumb.jppost-1893-0-02887000-1316046099_thumb.jp

Just bought my first bmw last week.:-) Like wow.super cool and the drive is second to none.Oh its a M sport 330d.Must say the build quality is fantastic and the handling is just a dream.:-) fell in love with the car straight away.Now i know why all you bmw owners are always smiling.:-) just come apart of the clan.:-) The only two things i can pick fault with if im being picky is...After owning a Tvr i miss the noise and acceleration.But the rest the car out ways them two anyway and a small sacrifice to leave behind.So hellow to all you bmw owners.cheers symon.

Just bought my first bmw last week.:-) Like wow.super cool and the drive is second to none.Oh its a M sport 330d.Must say the build quality is fantastic and the handling is just a dream.:-) fell in love with the car straight away.Now i know why all you bmw owners are always smiling.:-) just come apart of the clan.:-) The only two things i can pick fault with if im being picky is...After owning a Tvr i miss the noise and acceleration.But the rest the car out ways them two anyway and a small sacrifice to leave behind.So hellow to all you bmw owners.cheers symon.

LOL There big Al.They can be a bit hit and miss.Lucky for me i owne my 5ltr chimaera for four years and had no trouble or problems at all.Not many tvr owners can lay claim to that.But are worth the hassel with the fun you get back in return with a noise that only a v8 can make.Tell you a big difference in the !Removed! pit area.Going to take a month to know what all the buttons are for.Just found a little compartment today down by the right hand side of the steering wheel.Perfect for phone.

Welcome to BMWOC :) Nice to have you here bud

I <3 TVR :D They stink of a fibreglass canoe factory and... well THEY ARE.. a Canoe with a V8 in them but.. Ahh man, FAV super/sports cars :)

Daz

Hi Christain.Tell me about it.When off to the tvr meetings early sunday mornings.A few of the locals use to comment.lol.Use to try and sneek away without to much throttle,but never work.Alwas setting car alarms off.So apart from waking the dead and smelling like a canoe.Cheers for that one Daz.lol.They go like the clappers.Look awesome and make you smile with all there problems but not a everyday car.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss my chim loads even with all its faults (which fortunately in my case were fairly minimal).

I spent the best £1 i ever spent...took the roof down...drove through the saltash tunnel between devon and cornwall...paying my £1 at the toll booth...turning straight back round and driving back through!

Im actually cheating a little - im not yet an owner - were looking for a bigger car than our current one and a 5 series is on the list so though I would sign up on here to see if you guys had any tips on what to go for.

Ideally we'll be going for around 3 years old ish - heart says get an older M5 (one of the first Chris Bangle ones) head says go for a 520d!

It will be my wifes car (with me getting a look in at weekends) we're upgrading from an Astra (so pretty much anything will be an improvement!

:) There all quick and only weighing around the ton or just under has a lot to do with it.With engines producing 240 bhp to over 600 bhp with the typhon :)Mine was the 340bhp weighing less than a mini :) .The speed 12 the daddy.Only one in the world thats been made road legel last time i heard.....Do bmw make anything so light .I know they make searious fast quality cars and built to last.,but power to weight ratio is a big issue .:)

I was lucky enough to be visiting the factory when the speed 12 Gt cars were returning from a race..they fired them up briefly to get them off the wagon and the earth literally shook.. Interesting story about Peter Wheeler.. Word has it he use to test a new car personally before it was released to the public when it was in it's final stages of development.. He tested the speed 12 and decided that it was that ludicrously fast for the road that if he sold it to anyone if would wipe out half his customer base with people killing theirselves!

Hence only one was sold.. I believe Keith Flint (of the band Prodigy) owned it once.. I know it came up for auction about a year ago.. Would have loved put have a put a bid in.. Sadly I didn't have enough kidneys to sell!

Well Jonathan i see you have been one off the lucky ones to have the privilege in seeing the car for real.Been to the factory too but wasn't here.So i was unlucky :mellow: . wish i had the kidneys too.lol :) Any one else wants to see it ,Its on youtube.:) Any know the rarest bmw on the road.???

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links