Hi All

shak

Hi all, just like to introduce my self, i'm Shak and from Bolton, uk. I currently own a Audi TT and I am an active member of the TT owners club. I'm now thinking of parting with the TT and buying a BMW 325/330/320(2.2)coupe. I've seen seen a few which I'm thinking of looking at this weekend but I was hoping some of you fine folk would be able to lead me on the right direction. I know the issues with the suspension in theses cars which I don't mind maintaining, but I was wondering how reliable are the 6 pot engines, do they have common issues that I need to look out for, also how reliable are the auto box's?? and manuals???? I was looking for a Lexus is250, but after searching on the Lexus owners club they seem to have allot of issues, especially the engine. Any help would be highly appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance

Shak

i have split thoughts,i love my jap cars ive had 2 skylines and a 300 bhp classic wrx,the is200 is a ok car imo,but i am lead to beleave they have many faults,ie gearbox,i would have a bm over these all day long,ive had 3 bms now,latest being the 330 ci not the m sport though,make sure you get leather,if you like your Music,a harmon is a good option to look for,the engines are great,and will gulp up mileage,mines done 178k ,full bmsh,all keys would be agood idea to,anyway welcome on board.

i have split thoughts,i love my jap cars ive had 2 skylines and a 300 bhp classic wrx,the is200 is a ok car imo,but i am lead to beleave they have many faults,ie gearbox,i would have a bm over these all day long,ive had 3 bms now,latest being the 330 ci not the m sport though,make sure you get leather,if you like your music,a harmon is a good option to look for,the engines are great,and will gulp up mileage,mines done 178k ,full bmsh,all keys would be agood idea to,anyway welcome on board.

Cheers for that, so I'd be right in thinking that the 6 cylinder engines are very reliable with no common issues? any issues with the auto box's??

Cheers

shak

Guest Mister Dabsy

Cheers for that, so I'd be right in thinking that the 6 cylinder engines are very reliable with no common issues? any issues with the auto box's??

Cheers

shak

Yes, the In-Line-Six is almost bullet-proof, but even the best engine on the planet can develop a fault ! Common faults are CPS (Cam Position Sensor) can fail, and the coil packs sometimes give-in but rarely all at once !!

Very good Auto boxes too, if you are unlucky enough to get a fault with one, it will get you home in Third gear (Limp-Mode) !

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links