Judder Is Back

hi guys been on a 100 mile round trip tonight since changing spark plugs havent noticed any judder but tonight it happened twice split second judder like missfire both times it was at a roundabout as i was pulling away also in sport mode slight jolt when put foot down and the same when i take foot off gas any ideas ?????????????

Have you checked for a dirty AFm or split in the Air pipe's somewhere??? Check all your hoses, If it's doing it under load then there is a good chance it's doing it due to a leak somewhere

Ok without replacing all pipes how do I go about finding it

There's not a patch of air on my drive in the mornings:-)

The old Fashion way i suppose, Run a wet cloth over your hoses, Stamp on the gas and look for bubbles, Takes me back to fixing a puncture in the sink on my tyre haha

• 2 months later...
Guest Mister Dabsy

Finally got to the bottom of this problem.

Sport mode judder is due to sub frame bushes and low speed judder is due to gear box needing BMW upgrade softwear

All four sub frame bushes = £450

gear box upgrade software reprogram = £48

A "Stealer" will tell you this, anyway!... But I am sure it won't cost a fraction of that much if you source the stuff yourself !

As for the Gearbox Update... Don't get me started LOL

Apparently it's an update to overcome a common fault the x5 has when traveling between first and second gear to be honest I dissent have a clue what the gezza was talking about but they have looked after my dads 7 series for ten years and if £48 sorts out the problem I don't give a fook what they do and as for rear sub frame bushes I could prob get bits myself and do the job but I'm a strong believer in stick to what you know .

If I did it myself it would take me maybe two days in this time i can earn £600 doing my job so by letting them do it I'm quits in !!!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links