Looking For Mini

G4VHD

Right guys,

Looking into getting a mini for the wife.

Got 4k ish budget, and cant afford the insurance on a Cooper S

So will settle for a Cooper.

Any advice on buying is well welcome...:D

lol, i pay just over that now on the BMW . in the pool though thats cheap! my mum pays around £600 on a 1.6 Cmax!!! she does live in a dog poo area of liverpool though. i live in a semi nice place. just so i could get cheaper insurance!! :P

Just been to look at 1 with 12 months MOT everything seems fine except when braking I can feel the ABS working.

There is no light on the dash, and it happens under all braking conditions.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

Guest Mister Dabsy

I think you might need to get under it and check the fins (these are what the ABS sensors look at to detect a lock-up), these fins are usually on the inner side of the discs. Check for blockages like excessive rust, dust or even soil/muck... If these seem to be fine then I would suggest a sensor or more maybe failing... Also check the ABS unit and all the connections etc... Even any electricals around there too, chase the wiring for loose or broken conns.

Does the brake pedal "vibrate" under very light pressure?

If you're gonna shell out 4k for it, then I would advise you to chuck another forty quid at it and get the RAC/AA to have a look... Might save you from buying a lemon and even give you some bargaining power too!!!

HTH Gav...

:unsure:

Yeah, you can feel the ABS 'pump'

Must add, this car has been standing for quite a while too, there is a lot of rust on the discs, but both discs and pads are in good condition.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Good luck matey.... Offer still stands about bidding low etc !! BTW goin offline now... Text me if you need owt else pal...

DAZ

Guest Mister Dabsy

It's the Universal joints, Gav (Like we discussed)... You can either...

1- Drive it as it is... (It will last a long time BUT GUESSWORK)

2- Remove the rubber boot and regrease it (Will sort it)

3- Replace the UJ

4- Replace the drive shaft...

In all of the above options, you MUST DO opt2

Hopefully it could just be a case of a DRY UJ mate... Try regreasing it first and make sure the rubber boot is not ripped anywhere...

:unsure:

Guest Mister Dabsy

When a car is "Stood" for any length of time, all the components' lubricants will subside to GRAVITY...

This is why we (YOU) should give the vehicle a full service- Even the running gear and brakes.

BMW's are the most resilient vehicles known in the western world but still need tender loving care too :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links