328Ci All 6 Missing!!! Help Meeeeee It's Not Short Of Fubared

Thank FK I got RAC cover!

Right yesterday I kept stalling the car (seeing as I'm not your typical woman driver this was very odd) But being British I kept calm and carried on...

Ended up in braintree (by the 8 ball) to see a mate, and stalled it again coming off the a12.

Done the shopping blah blah blah got back in the car and it sounded well ropey... it sounded like a canary was stuck under my bonnet and it was runnin so lumpy that the whole car was shaking, in attempt to control my anger I ragged the ar*e out of it round the corner to mcdonnalds and turned it off. Came back out of mcdonnalds and started it up... sounded ok... no rocking, and the canary seemed to have died.

Drove round the next corner to the petrol station and it was hell. twice as bad as before and the canary had been given the kiss of life!

But this time... NO POWER... Normally I put my foot down and I get somewhere... foot down, 2nd gear... 20mph... I actually shed a tear!

So Steve (said mate from before)said have you got AA or anything cos I don't think you should drive it.. so called the RAC and sat in the pub for 3 hours waiting...

Very nice RAC man turned up, I explained the problem (it's FKed)... Very nice RAC man plugged the diagnostics in... 10 oh yes 10 faults! all 6 cylinders miss firing... air flow sensor, steering sensor, wheel sensor and somethin else (not important)

Then very nice RAC man said "have you had it washed recently" :blink: :blink: :blink: my stomach turned... I had my engine bay cleaned saturday... BAD BAD move apparently!!! so very nive RAC man sorted out the sensors and the other thing that I can't remember what it was but no matter what he took apart and cleaned n stuff he couldn't clear the miss fire.

I was towed home... Again I shed a tear...

Here is very nice RAC mans report:

oil warning light keeps flicking on. When it does vehicle then starts to misfire! Engine light comes on, fault codes stating all 6 cylinders misfiring. Engine bay was steam cleaned 3 days prior to this.

Very nice RAC man said he thinks that where the cylinder electrics go into one box kinda thing that could of got wet and where it's dried its started to cause corrosion.

Can't get it towed to the garage till tomorrow morning...

Called a mate, he recons a coil pack?

Anyone have any ideas???????

Guest Mister Dabsy

+1 +1 ...

Definately water ingress... Work from fuse boxes and check ALL engine bay connections and pray they (Dream Cleaners) haven't confused any ECU's...

All done... plus the mate who JET WASHED it (lol bless him,Fker) is payin for it... all the sensors were soakin and apparently its running nice now :)

You atalking me Andy... I think I like it ;) hahahahaha

PANIC over lol...

And to top it all off very nice RAC man just text me to see if I got my car sorted n what was up with it awwwwwwwwwww check out very nice RAC man :)

Why has your RAC man get your mobile number?

Guest Mister Dabsy

it's lookin like the air flow meter sensor unit whatever the fk its called lol anyway I ordered one today... oh and I very much need a new tyre... showing canvas is wrong yeah :blink: only see it yesterday.... yay more expense lol

Have you tried leaving it unplugged and noticing the difference?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links