Insure It Or Sorn It!!

Caz

I thought this law was already in place...or am i getting mixed up with something else.

I cant see why you should insure a car if its on your drive or in your garage...another way of fineing and making money for the goverment!!!

Guest Mister Dabsy

It is an apparent fact that Insurance (Public Liability) is only required for use on public highways...

Tractors and Plant machinery are exempt unless they have to travel over a specific distance on a public road.

You are not required to have Insurance if your vehicle is SORN.

However, if you forget to re-SORN (after 12mth) they will hit you with EIGHTY QUID like they robbed off me :angry:.

IMO Once you SORN your vehicle it should remain SORN until it is either Taxed or sold... RANT OVER :o

It is an apparent fact that Insurance (Public Liability) is only required for use on public highways...

Tractors and Plant machinery are exempt unless they have to travel over a specific distance on a public road.

You are not required to have Insurance if your vehicle is SORN.

However, if you forget to re-SORN (after 12mth) they will hit you with EIGHTY QUID like they robbed off me :angry:.

IMO Once you SORN your vehicle it should remain SORN until it is either Taxed or sold... RANT OVER :o

I have to agree, why do it more than once?

Guest Mister Dabsy

ive just had my letter saying sorn now until jan 2012. but i presume they wont send me a reminder!

it is indeed £80 fine unless paid before a certain date and its a bargain £40!!!

You're right Andy, sorry... I paid the 40 but it would've been 80 after 28 days... Legal Burglars is what they are :angry:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links