Going Back To Work!!

as some of you no i had a brain tumor in march last year which ment i cant drive for 12 months :angry:

anyways, because my job is MOBILE bodywork, it ment i couldnt do my job. luckily the company i work for have stood by me(they had no choice, ive got a great friend who would of sued there asses if they got rid of me :lol: )

just spoken to my HR who is getting me back out there from next week with another tech, at first il only be doing 2-3 days a week until i get my license back on the 24th march B)

really looking forward to it yet nervous at the same time, suppose this is normal?

anyway look out for the threads in the future on how to do bodywork :)

and as usual any advice/ tips please PM me B)

Good luck with it all Andy and must seem weird going back after a year! Take it all has gone well then the last 12 months :)

Not good at keeping the car clean but could do with some recommendations for cleaning the bike with?

yeah every thing has been fine, no follow up treatment was needed apart from a few scans (which il be having anyway for a few years) other than that nothing major. had a bit of memory loss going on which was fun! but is alot better now :lol:

a bike!!! now your talking, what type etc? ive only ever painted some parts for a bike never polised one up. was ment to be doing one but the lad sold it before i got a chance :angry:

yeah every thing has been fine, no follow up treatment was needed apart from a few scans (which il be having anyway for a few years) other than that nothing major. had a bit of memory loss going on which was fun! but is alot better now :lol:

a bike!!! now your talking, what type etc? ive only ever painted some parts for a bike never polised one up. was ment to be doing one but the lad sold it before i got a chance :angry:

Uh...I got a 600 Ninja to do soon.......excited lol

its something i really want to have a go at.

ive been prepping scooter panels all day today getting them in primer, my mate buys wrecked ones and fixes them up.

he kept getting reactions with his spray can primer, so i stepped in and did it in good old 2k stuff. worked on most of them but some kept reacting!!!! :angry: think going to have to flatten them right down now, o well

its something i really want to have a go at.

ive been prepping scooter panels all day today getting them in primer, my mate buys wrecked ones and fixes them up.

he kept getting reactions with his spray can primer, so i stepped in and did it in good old 2k stuff. worked on most of them but some kept reacting!!!! :angry: think going to have to flatten them right down now, o well

Have you used etch Andy..

Our usual process....

• Wipe down
  • Prep (320g)
  • Wipedown
  • Etch
  • Primer
  • 2k top coat

Anything will stick to etch and etch will stick to anything....!Removed! stinks though

full resprays! i miss doing them.

thats being honest to lol

thing with my job, its done quickly and the customer knows exactly were the repair has been done so will look straight there! so it has to be 110% perfect. hard on some days when its lashing it down and -10 outside :angry:

in the summer last year i did a black audi a3 full side and a blow in into the front bumper with in 4 hours, painted, dried and polished! was only a key scratch though so no filler was needed. the heat of the sun dried it in no time

no idea as i never really took money, took insurance excess's thats it. most of the work i do anyway is for lease cars so the customers dont actually own the car and most dont evan check the repair!

for personal jobs id charge around £80 per panel, but that can vary from how bad the damage and who the person is ;)

I got a GSXR so a good polish that works with elbow grease, I dont have any of them polising machines... although if you need the practice ;)

just had a email off work, fella who i was going to be working with next week is off.

another week off :lol:

Oh how awfull that must be :o :lol:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links