How To Prepare My 318Ise To Be Off Road For 6 Months

Guest Mister Dabsy

Personally, I would leave it "As Is" and just start her up every fortnight or month...

If you disconnect the battery and leave her for 6 mth, the battery will discarge naturally and you may need to service her too as the oils may lightly crust.

DAZ

Hi,

Andy - will be kept on the drive unfortunately, no garage.

Gav - good call - you never know with British weather.

Daz - I think i might have to. Worries me to just leave it but want to make sure I do everything I can to preserve the life based on the fact I won't be driving it half as much. Not planning on taxing it so won't be able to take her out :(

Any more ideas welcome but thanks so much for input, very useful.

Dont know how true it is but I was told you should leave a car in gear and handbrake off if leaving it standing for some time.

Uh...you might be right Caz but on z German BMW the hand brake isn't held on the same rear pads as the brakes...if you know what I mean.

There are seperate shoes, that hold inside the disc like old style drum brakes..

I'd personal hold on these and not the gear box..

Just my opinion though

why thank you gavin.

there is a guide on a forum i use but couldnt find it. google came up with that which tbh looks better advice B)

my cars been sat on the drive since june, i just run it up the road every now and then and keep it cleaned. the tyres are the things to watch out for so they dont flat spot.

correct again there gav.

im on there with a fair few posts but it does get boring with the same constant posts every day.

eg ive just polished my car for the first time and i think im ready to turn pro, any advice??

evan had some one posting asking if its possible to do mobile detailing using a scooter as transport!!!

the pro write ups are really good though and evan some one like me who does bodywork for a living can learn alot from them.

if you need any help just ask either me or gav as we tend to do a little bit here and there, although im better :lol:

only messing gav :P

correct again there gav.

im on there with a fair few posts but it does get boring with the same constant posts every day.

eg ive just polished my car for the first time and i think im ready to turn pro, any advice??

evan had some one posting asking if its possible to do mobile detailing using a scooter as transport!!!

the pro write ups are really good though and evan some one like me who does bodywork for a living can learn alot from them.

if you need any help just ask either me or gav as we tend to do a little bit here and there, although im better :lol:

only messing gav :P

Nice one guys. I'm not afraid to say that I'm a junior!! and your help is much appreciated :) I'll leave you guys to fight out which of you is better!

haha, i try my best gav B)

wouldnt call me a ##### again though other wise chuck norris will come and !Removed! you up :lol:

as for being a 'junior' we all started some were, my self started valeting in a car supermarket, with in 2 years i had gained many quilifications in smart repairs and full car body repair and paint. 7 years later and im basically my own boss working for a mobile bodyshop company, with my own van etc.

although ive been a lazy sod the last year :lol:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links