too much oil

davetherave

doesnt sound right to me. cars will use oil but not that much! have you checked the sump isnt leaking, are anywere else?

stick some cardboard under the car at night see how much is dropping down, might be worth taking the plastic cover off for this though.

welcome to the forum to :)

my m8 asked someone at the main dealers and they said its normal but i find it hard to believe,gettin it checked out saturday i hope.

Also i had new discs and pads fitted all round last may and they r rubbish,original ones,is there any better pads i can fit?

• 1 month later...
Guest Mister Dabsy

It IS an issue you should not overlook... Diesels will naturally "Use" a little engine oil but never at those rates... Petrol engines "should'nt" use engine oil whatsoever. If a petrol car uses oil it becomes obvious thru the tail pipe... A puff of blue smoke at start-up would suggest valve seals initially for example.

Another example would be constant blue smoke which could mean piston ring failure or even cylinder bore wear.

Not had it looked at yet,was told by a friend of a friend it could be an exhaust filter or something that could be making it burn more oil,but it costs 60 quid to get to it, to check it,im away at the min for 6 weeks when i get back im taking it to main dealers to get checked,my car is mint and has only done 57k which is nothing for a beamer so i want to put it right if i can,when i know what it is i will let everyone know

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links