persuade me bmw owners!

dougal280

hello all! im dougal lol, from dundee owned a 106 and a saxo and thinkin bout gettting a 318.

to put yous in the frame my 106 was in a bump and crumbled at like 15 mph, then i got a saxo which went in for its mot and the chassis was basically un repairable. So i natuarally want something non-french. I really like the 316ti se.

The only problem is, im worried about running costs. I heard parts are dear for bm's but on what sort of scale are they expensive or just slightly dearer ? plus whats high milage and any common problems?

thanks for reading!

Welcome along.

I moved from french crap too. Ill never look back.

I own an 03 plate 320d, the best car i have ever had.

Even with over 100k is still feels tight and new, milage aint a problem on BWW's as long as it got fsh.

Ive brought a few parts recently and find its exaclty, if not cheaper than my Megane.

Go for it mate, you wont be dissapointed.

ive got a 318 and a saxo, the saxo only goes on the track ;)

as gav said ive also come from some other french crap, (megane) and id say parts arent that much differant. my bmw has 117k on the clock and feels really strong, i reckon another 117k will easily happen, my megane was struggling after 60k!

BMW all the way :D

good thing is with BMW's is that 3rd party parts are usually widely available, blueprint parts etc.

also there are loads of used parts available, more than you can ever imagine due to the popularity of BMW's.

plus you will have us here :)

good thing is with BMW's is that 3rd party parts are usually widely available, blueprint parts etc.

also there are loads of used parts available, more than you can ever imagine due to the popularity of BMW's.

plus you will have us here :)

nice answer stev B)

Mine has 272k on the clock and still pulls like a train and shows up any "young`in" that trys to take it, parts wise i wouldnt worry about, the cars are rwd and alot have been sent to that scrapyard in the sky thanks to asfor-mentioned "young`in" thinking they can drift after watching fast and furious so parts are a plenty, model wise depends on what you like the look of, mines a E36 325 tds but i`ll always want an E30

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links