Time to give her some love

G4VHD

Becase we opened our own haidressers in December and I have had to go self employed in my job, its become a little awkward to go away on holiday this year.

So I've decided to spend the money on the BMW.

I've got a list of jobs, Im starting today and hopfully have it like a new one before Santa Pod in July.

Firstly today im going to tackle the !Removed! handbrake, I brought new cables so they will be fitted today.

Next the interior silver trim is going Saphier Black the same as the body.

Does anyone know how to remove the silver trim on the steering wheel before I attack it with a flat head??

After that, I need to find out what that noise on shutdown is (previous vid posted), and get that fixed.

Sort out front suspension Knock (any advice on this is very welcome)

Refurb wheels, Ill be doing this wheel by wheel over the next few weeks as I can do this at work without it costing me for paint! ;)

Full service

Then exterior, Some of the black trim need replacing as some is scratched, scrapyard job I think...

Then the paint...

Going to see which will be cheeper, someone to blow in the scratches and paint the bonnet, or a full new paint job.

I know someone with a propper spray booth and oven, and I've seen his work and its spot on.

I think thats it, Im going to take lots of before pics and lots of after ones.

Any advice or thoughts on anything here is welcome...

Oh, the radio, I've lost sound in nearside front speaker and nearside rear cackles even when the radio is off....so will be looking at this too..

Edited by Gav

as yours is black gav itl be very easy to give it a repaint were needed. you sure a good machine wont bring it up nice on some panel?

im guessing the bonnet defo needs repainting as they always get stone chipped to F^K!! i was lucky, mines already beeen painted in the last few years, doesnt look like theres any big chips still to B)

Yeah bonnet is mashed,

Some will deffo come out Andy, but there are gouges in one of the skirts and the front bumper.

Plus some rust under the surface on both rear arches.

Who ever had it last seriously looked after the inside, but didnt care about the bodywork.

Im the sort of person who wants my car perfect mate, I know im going to end up doing a full spray job in the end..just got to find a little extra cash :mellow:

i no the feeling , mines exactly the same.

interior spot on, think ive been a bit more lucky on the outside though with having the bonnet painted. ive checked to see if its has a front end and every thing lines up and looks like its never been off so think it was just a respray.

mine has a little rust on the arches to, nr side has a scratch but it isnt to noticable and the tailgate has a little to.

if i go back to my old job il be able to get them sorted easy enough, im waiting on a differant job though which will be better for me in the long run. ive been told ive basically got this job im just waiting on a start date :angry:

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links