isnt it satisfying..

got up this morning and finally done the oil change on the beemer, as many of you no i cant drive it til march 24th so not in no major rush to do it anyway!

but yeah, warmed her up for ten mins, got it on the ramps. dropped old dirty oil, changed filter while it was dropping still , new seals all on :)

sump plug back in, fresh oil in. took it up the road a few times and my god you couldnt half tell the differnce!! felt so much more smoother and responsive.

only downside?

I FORGOT TO GET PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was going to do a nice write up for the nice folk on here to use. il do it again in the summer, prob just before the santa pod show and il get some pics for you all.

any one else get the satisfaction of doing there own services? and how often do you do them?

Not a service, but brought parking brake cables today, will be doing them Saturday as im fed up of it now holding on the drive.

So that will be a little bit of satisfaction.

Ill do pics too

wooo pics, we do love them dont we gav :)

when i near enough finished doing it today though, i was as most people are made up, had a little smile on my face lol

then went , arrrr for FFS!!! forgot pics! main reason i bought a new camera a few weeks ago lol

lol, my neighbour is actually a photographer, basically a hobby of his but does weddings, gigs mostly, for some famous groups to.

so there not bothered if they see me taking pictures at all lol. actually give me some hints, but i still havnt got a clue what there talking about. bit like me telling them how to detail a car :lol:

he did the mini pics for me, in return il be doing his mrs one year old MX5. lovly car that. il get some pics when i finally get round to doing it :P

need a tripod actually, just reminded myself lol

another little update of my bmw, battery was goosed! still has a bmw one in so prob been in the car since new, 13 years!!

any way, halfords own brand go for around £90, bosch ones are around £120!! evan costco want £100 for a bosch one.

speak to my mechanic mate, pops to his supplier on his break, £45 later and i have a new battery :D with a 2 year warrenty to (others were 3 years) cant argue with that at all. B)

Nice find, brought new hand brake shoes and anti roll bar drop links today...

Another Saturday under the BMW..

Looking forward to it to be honest. Might not be able to wait that long :-)...

I can see me being at work an hour early tomorrow ;)

lol, you got a ramp there to use?

my old place had about 30 ramps!! wasnt allowed to use them!! not evan in our own time!!!

use to sneak them in on bank hols, weekends etc though :lol:

think next on my list to do is change spark plugs, air filter looks brand new so thats ok for now.

still need to do a full detail on it but other people want theres doing!! ;) four this year already! :D

might be doing the full works on a X5 soon to, fella is selling it so wants it minting. il do a full write up on it, as long as he gives me permision to use pics B)

Lookin forward to the pics...

Na no ramps, except the ones we fabbed up ourselves, thay get the car about a foot from the groud when is plenty enough.

There pretty good at our place, we can have an hour before work and our breaks = 1hour plus Saturday mornings.

Go access to mine and everyone elses tools, spray booth and lots of lads with lots of knowledge, which is good as I have only just started working on cars myself.

Im going to do a full service in April then MOT, Hopfully all be mint again ready for a full detail, then Santa Pod

Im pretty good with the machine, I've had to use them on gloss white trucks for years now.

Im just learning different products and how to use them at the moment.

If I get the car fixed in the week, might go for a good exterior detail this weekend, weather permitting.

little update

just got some new spark plugs, gave my mechanic mate a tenner thinking they will be the usual £2.50 a plug, phones me at lunch time

alrite lad, only spark plugs they do for yours are £35!! NGKs , erm , sod it then yeah get them :lol:

joys of the bimmer

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links