Help Needed 3 Series Coupe

Challo

HI All,

I currently drive an Astra and looking to purchase my first 3 Series Coupe. Looking at an early 2000 to 2003 plate ethier a 320 323 or 325. Thinking 328 or 330 would be to pricey to run on a daily basis.

Is there any noticeable between the 323/325/328 and 330 on running costs?

Is their anything to look out for when buying these earlier cars? Obviously look for full service history. Whats high millage like on these?

Whats the best to run with the auto box? is the 320 not suitable?

Any help would be good.

Thanks

Hi welcome along.

Fuel consumption (urban) 23.2 mpg Fuel consumption (extra urban) 40.9 mpg Fuel consumption (combined) 31.7 mpg

Fuel consumption (urban) 22.1 mpg Fuel consumption (extra urban) 40.9 mpg Fuel consumption (combined) 31 mpg

So i imagine the other engine sizes would be inbetween, not much difference

I'd deffo go for manual box, personal prefference + better fuel ecomony

I think check suspension, get someone else to confirm this though

And milage, BMW's run forever :-)

welcome to the club, as gav said mileage doesnt seem to be a major problem on bmws. get one with as much service history as possible though.

cant comment on auto boxes im afaid, but like gav id prefer a manual.

also check for rust, although not a car that has major rust problems, ive noticed the one place it does usually appear is the wheel arches and on the tailgate were the handle strip is, also on the bonnet around the grille which is prone to stone chips.

Hi there, i drive a manual myself but the auto boxes are very impressive, check for bushes e.g knocking when you go over a pot hole or cats eyes in the road,front and rear.

the climate control system can have its moments this is a common fault too but can be easily and cheaply replaced on ebay.

All in all i love the coupes i drive one myself and the engines just go on and on

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links