my track day toy

after many years of thinking, talking , dreaming about it me and my good friend gary have decided to get a track day toy.

gary likes his saxos( not in a chav way!) and always keeps them standerd like there out of the factory.

all work he has done over the past 5 odd years he has done himself and is self taught with help from mr haynes and good old google :)

from what i can remember he has done cluctches, cambelts to alsorts of other things!! so we both agreed that a saxo vtr/s would be perfect to start out on, there also dirt cheap and parts can be had for next to nothing to B)

gary recently bought a clio sport 172 which ment selling his vts (this car was in great condition and was a shame to see it go!)

gary managed to do a deal thru his saxo forum he is a member on for his car plus cash and a saxo vtr!! we both agreed on a price for the vtr and met each other in the middle.

so here she is freshly driven from scotland (around a 300 mile trip!!)

156209_10150347959575054_516515053_16095258_7948057_n.jpg

155692_10150347961765054_516515053_16095315_7438914_n.jpg

149288_10150349774580054_516515053_16133307_743096_n.jpg

the fella who owned the car had a strut brace to which he gave us but never got round to fitting it!!

i quickly sorted that out :D

148389_10150349806140054_516515053_16133871_5697895_n.jpg

you can prob see in that above pic there is a bit of rust inside the engine bay(most likly a mot failure!)

we will be taking the engine out in the summer and welding it all back up with some fresh paint

hopefully we will have a vts engine to go back in by then.

theres nothing wrong with this the vtr engine (currently at 130k!!) but the vts is 16 valve so will be a bit faster B)

the previous owner also got these bonnet catches fitted, so my aswell keep them on as there functioning ones

149908_10150349780575054_516515053_16133441_6743759_n.jpg

the other great thing about this car is it has fully adjusable spax suspension!! straight thru exhaust (which isnt mega loud but loud enough, will still get on the track with it)

the fella also said we can keep the vts alloys as he has 205 gti alloys he is going to use!! so seeing as garys dad has a vtr and the vts alloys have near enough tyres on, we swapped the alloys around and have two sets of vtr rims for the track saxo! PERFECT!

the car is currenty getting the interior fully stripped out, but as its so cold ive only managed to do half of that!

just to clear things up to , the stickers are coming off! also the rear lights will be getting the paint removed!

hopefully have some more updates soon :D

Wow look good andy hope it all goes well its always fun doing up a track day car sure you will have loads of fun with it:) get more pics up as your going will be intresting to see as I'm about to buy a 1.25 ford fiesta and gunna strip that down and put an 1.7 puma engine in :)

awesome mate - this is going to be cool!

how much, mot failing rust, can we be seriously talking about here?? its not that old! :o

im not sure what would class as a mot failure on it, suppose its up to the tester?

my mates dads mondeo failed on rust on the floorpan a few years ago, took it home, cut a beer can up, stuck it under his carpet, sprayed a bit of black paint on it to, took it back for free mot and it passed fine!!!

we will be doing it for peace of mind really

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links