Ressler Unit and PDC

FireOut

Okay having some fun with the old Bus she is now driving well as I had to have the Module on the Fuel system changed and not the Glow Plugs got my Xtron Radio Head Fitted and Working (Sort of) even got a reversing camera working which is great as the Distance sensors are not cooperating, and it looks like a front bumper off job!

Anyway, my question is about the Ressler unit I bought one and have a few more bells and whistles to fit, but anyone used one? Does the PDC issue I have render it  US?

Morning Jim

I was considering a Resler unit on my 4.4 as I had changed the Head unit for a Dynavin unit after multiple component failures with the early BMW kit (2001)  I was still researching the Resler (2004) when a big tree got blown over and the X5 got squashed. I replaced it with the 4.6is which amazingly is still OEM with just the addition of a Rear Camera.

BMW PDC as they age are at best temperamental at worse rubbish,  mine hate a jet or car wash and go on strike until they are fully dried out then I can reset the stored fault and they work fine. That basically means summer when I tend to wash the car by hand they work but as the weather worsens and the car has more mud (I go off road shooting) on it every time I wash it they throw a wobbler, the camera is fine and a great help. Most of the problems are water related I have found unplugging the sensor and using a contact cleaner brings them back to life. I have only suffered two actual sensor failures

On your model yes unfortunately if you have a problem with the front corners it is bumper off to fix it, centre two are a fiddle but can be got too with it in place. All the rear sensors can be got at from underneath the bumper.

IIRC the Resler was fitted in place of the CD player in the rear cubby. It allowed access through the Ibus for OBC information and PDC operation. I have read of front and rear camera integration also being possible

Dave