Cracking Car!

Marlowboy

Just returned from Driving 500 odd miles for a break in Devon and have to say............She performed beautifully ! Running mostly on LPG (ran out in Dartmouth!) Averaging well over 20 mpg even on Devon’s steep hills and narrow country lanes, although to be fair, M4 at 50mph may have helped! So comfortable and quiet, What a bargain she was!

Morning Mark

Glad you enjoyed your break you certainly chose the right weather.

A few years ago a party of us were off to North Yorkshire for a shooting trip 3 cars all loaded with 2 old blokes all there gear and a boot full of dogs. We decided on our own Top Gear challenge, the challengers were (1.) 4.4 X5 LPG 2002 (2.) Landrover Discovery 3 2008 (3.) Range Rover TDV8 2010 loser was the first to stop for fuel (the callenge was suggested by the TDV8 driver)  We all topped off the tanks at Bucks Barn services on the A24 south of Horsham (except I filled both) My Land Rover driving buddies set off TDV8 leading Across to the A23 M23 East around London M11 A14 A1M was the route about 290 miles all at normal motorway speeds to Redmire. Then 4 days of trundling around the moors the X5 went onto Petrol on the 2nd morning. Then home same route in reverse the TDV8 was the first to stop at South Mimms the Disco stopped at Dartford Crossing in true Top Gear spirit those that stopped were abandoned to the vultures. The fuel light was on in the X5 as I crossed the Thames I chickened out at Pease Pottage on the M23 and filled up with LPG and a 1/4 tank. The X5 covered 660 miles quietly comfortably and without a hitch and the best bit, I was really pleased to have beaten the two friends who had both said "why did you buy that, they are rubbish"

Dave

Oops sorry Martin Old Fat head and fingers

The following year I had the great pleasure of following the same Disco across the Moor near Leyburn on a tractor route, he rove into a couple of deep water filled ruts and bottomed out.

As he had been Gentleman enough to show the rest of us where the hazard was we drove around him and my rubbish X5 pulled him out 😂 Oh I love Yorkshire sometimes

Dave

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links