Extrainious beeps

Malcy66

This morning my motor was reluctant to start, but did start , some blueish smoke then clear, this may be due to standing for a while, but the bit that gets me as I drove up to the local shops I heard various beeps, sounded like the reverse proximity note. Very intermittent while driving. No warning lights came on, any ideas anyone.

Hi Malcolm....welcome to the Forum

Usually, a beeping noise is accompanied by a warning light of some description, albeit seatbelt, door open, low fluids.

Wouldn't worry about a puff of smoke on start up especially if it has been laid up for a while.

Let us know what else transpires with the beeping noise

Cheers,   Trevor

Thanks for the reply Trevor. Went out to the car this a.m. and fired at first turn of the key, A couple of years ago after a torrential rain and hail storm the lights went funny until engine warm, do some models have a problem with the damp and wet,

Apart from the two incidents I love driving the car, best car I have ever driven. But I have to say the most fun was my Honda S800 coupe.

BMW can suffer from a whole range of maladies if the battery is allowed to go too flat and then recovers once it is recharged to a suitable level. However, worth keeping an eye on any problems cropping up, could be battery related.

Are you referring to your profile to change the model or are you referring to actually changing the car to a facelift model?

The beeps are "BMW Wallet Alerts" just your beemer's way of making sure your awake!!

As Trevor says low battery voltage will throw all sorts of spurious alerts and warnings, I use a Ctek battery charger and conditioner a couple of times a year just to make sure the battery is in top condition. It takes around 12 hrs to complete a full reconditioning cycle but well worth the investment and effort in my opinion.