Tv

marinaman

Hi 

On my 3.0d Ootober 04 made  i was hoping to find the tv   as the handbook says it has a digital tv fitted,   on the selection screens though there is no TV to select,  i just have    computer, auto vent  sat nav  and code,  no mention of TV   was it just certain models then that had the tv tuner ,  is there any way to add it on   or could i buy from Ebay a used unit ,  if so  would that be a straight swop.

Thanks

23 hours ago, marinaman said:

Hi 

On my 3.0d Ootober 04 made  i was hoping to find the tv   as the handbook says it has a digital tv fitted,   on the selection screens though there is no TV to select,  i just have    computer, auto vent  sat nav  and code,  no mention of TV   was it just certain models then that had the tv tuner ,  is there any way to add it on   or could i buy from Ebay a used unit ,  if so  would that be a straight swop.

Thanks

just been looking,  i have no tv module or bluetooth in the cubby hole.  just the dvd for the sat nav and the Cd Changer   no cables either with multi plugs on to even plug in if i bought one. so i wonder why   i thought these were maybe standard fit looking at everyone elses   , mayby not. looks like the owner spent the cash on the panomaric roof, 

Have a look on BMWvin.com last 7 digits of your vin that will tell you what was ordered

The loom will be there but the connectors will be taped up if it wasn't fitted at build. The Telephone/Bluetooth unit will be under the left hand cubby floor. Lift out the floor panel on the left are 2 molded plastic floor supports held in place by plastic nuts, take them out and beneath you will find the loom if Telephone/Bluetooth was fitted you will see a large connector if it was never specified the connector is there but will be wrapped to the loom. BMW were not at the front of the queue with their Bluetooth technology many struggle to get modern phones to connect reliably and it never supported streaming. 

While the floor is out lift out the spare unbolt the air compressor and tip back and you will see an L shaped plastic cover around the battery 3 screws and take it out if you have a TV module it will be on the right hand side buried it has blue and white connectors if the unit isn't there the connectors will be taped up. somewhere. You will also find 2 antenatal leads taped up in the vicinity. 

Hi 

no module for tv or bluetooth.   under the L shape was just 3 modules, a ABS to the right of the battery, then in front was the say nav with cable to it,   there was then another box next to it with 3 multiplugs  i didnt take that out as a bracket was caught so did not see what that was.

BUT ,  i changed the battery as it had a date on of 9 years old,   i got a bosch 019 fitted and here is what happened.

The dash warning control check thing sprang into life, with pings and messages,  never saw them when i got car, but the odd thing and i am now stumped.   since battery swop i have no passenger front sidelights. angel lights instead on that side i have a orange solid indicator.  what on earth is going on. all this since i put new battery in.   

Dont panic it's BMW's way of checking your heart rate  the warning lights are probably ABS and 4x4 drive forward and go lock to lock that normally resets those after battery change. The indicator is a fail safe in case you loose side lights. I would check the fuses and the side lamp bulb.

I am not sure what you are seeing under the cover by the battery there should be the radio BM54 it will have a large square quadlock connector and the radio antenna the small unit with 3 connectors is (or should be) the PDC (park Distance Control) on the right of the battery should be the TV Video module with 2 antenna connections and 2 connectors 1 blue 1 white.

The Sat Nav is in the left cubby with the Cd Changer the telephone/blue tooth if fitted is below these two

I will try and take some pictures of mine tomorrow 

had a good look.  i have no tv or bluetooth. only dvd and cd in cubby hole.  i have radio with the 4 conn blocks. then small black with 3 conns i presume antenna boost.  next to it is empty but with a large rectangular conn block dangling. but i know park sensors work fine ,  next to batt on right is abs.  thats it in the boot . 

did lock to lock and cleard 4x4 , very odd sidelight angel eye worked fine but today before batt swop i removed rhe n/s holder just to have a look.  i put back and then change battery.  then all the fun started . all singing and dancing dash.  i have fault it says both seatbelt warning are unplugged.  where do i find these.  i looked around buckle and under sea but saw no unplugged things.  i presume last owner didnt want telling to belt up. 

Just now, marinaman said:

had a good look.  i have no tv or bluetooth. only dvd and cd in cubby hole.  i have radio with the 4 conn blocks. then small black with 3 conns i presume antenna boost.  next to it is empty but with a large rectangular conn block dangling. but i know park sensors work fine ,  next to batt on right is abs.  thats it in the boot . 

did lock to lock and cleard 4x4 , very odd sidelight angel eye worked fine but today before batt swop i removed rhe n/s holder just to have a look.  i put back and then change battery.  then all the fun started . all singing and dancing dash.  i have fault it says both seatbelt warning are unplugged.  where do i find these.  i looked around buckle and under sea but saw no unplugged things.  i presume last owner didnt want telling to belt up. 

during my poking rhough i found how to enable aux heat and it burst into life but didnt run long only 5 minutes   i presume it shut off as engine was warm already.  does that sound right. thanks.   

Hi

Got it sorted  i think when i put new battery in somehow the bulb blew,  unless it was pure coincidence., they are standard  H6 halogen bulbs in the holder.

i read about these led angel , so i got the laptop out and put the light module up to enable daylight running eu,   dont know what is supposed to happen but i saw no difference,  nothing was on when the light switch was off,    when i turn to sidelight postion   its just as it was before   so i uninstalled the upgrade. 

The Aux heater i enabled,  this came to life but runs for a few mins and stops,  the readout says   "flame out "   dont know on that one. faulty glow plug ?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links