How Do I Open The Bonnet :s

Jayzzle

Well, I think the name sums it up well. I was fixing the car, and I needed to get into the engine bay to check something. So I pulled on the lever to pop the bonnet, and the round thing that sits in the plastic handle came off. I have had it happen a bunch of times on other cars so I wasn't so bothered about it. So I got a pair of pliers, and pulled on the bit of exposed cable to pop the bonnet, and the whole cable, just slid out of the engine bay :S So, my question is, how can I open the bonnet now with no cable attatched? I pulled the grille off but it doesn't help at all as I cant find where the bonnet cable attatched to.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated :)

Also, on a side note, am I allowed to start this many topics?

Many thanks once again.

Jay.

After you have removed the grille you should see the mechanism. A long screw driver should allow you to manually release it as you will need to feed a new cable through to repair it. IF you get someone else to pull up upon the bonnet, it should give you a little more clearance.

And your post/thread rate is fine with me and the other Admins shouldn't have a problem. All I ask is that you complete the section that says "Tags" with as many key words as you can too allow other users to find your threads in the future to help them out. Sharing is caring.

Daz

Ah yeah sorry I keep forgetting about the tags, can I edit it to put some on?

Ahh right I must not have taken enough of the grille off then, cos I couldn't see anything lol. Is the mech in the middle?

Many thanks for your help :)

Hmm, I don't put my hand anywhere. When I pull the handle in the car, it releases the bonnet and it slides forward on its runners, then I just pull it up by the windscreen to open it. It has one of them slidey forward bonnets that I've always loved so much (untill now :()

Hmm, I don't put my hand anywhere. When I pull the handle in the car, it releases the bonnet and it slides forward on its runners, then I just pull it up by the windscreen to open it. It has one of them slidey forward bonnets that I've always loved so much (untill now :()

Ah yeah, it's an E30. Right.

2m3irtx.jpg

Give that a poke ^. N/S grille right of the headlights.

Yeah sorry I should have said. Ok I'll have a go at that tomorrow cus It's getting dark now and I don't have a torch. Many thanks for your help mate I'll give you a shout when I have done it tomorrow to let you know how it goes :)

Thanks again Bud :)

Legend. That got it straight away. The cable had snapped halfway down the black plastic tube thing that houses it as it runs through the engine bay, so I've just left it hanging out of the top corner of the bonnet so I can get the bonnet open again without having to take the grille off again. Many thanks for your accurate advice :)

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links