Help!!! With Audio

I have recently gotton my hands on a Kenwood KIV-BT901 head unit for free :)

So went out and brought myself a 1000w 10 inch pre amped sub. :)

Now its starting to get a bit technicle for me, as I recently changed my interior on the tourer but when I got it home and installed it I had spare holes in each door for extra speakers (came out of a Harman Kardon equipped car)!!

Now I want to fill these holes with speakers and replace the OEM door and tweeters.

I currently have the 4 OEM speakers and the tweeters wired straight to the HU.

What is the best way to wire 10 speakers around my car?

I dont mind buying amps, cross overs etc (whats a cross over?)

Heres a little diagram of my car setup and the HU config
post-462-0-44057600-1362238085_thumb.gif
Cheers in advance

Nice head unit, a bit lacking on connections lol, been a while since I did anything other than change a head unit, you should be able to get a 3 way component set up inc crossovers for the front that will connect to the head units front speakers. As for the rears you could go for normal 2 or 3 way speakers again wired to the head units rear speakers and plug the sub into the sub out if it has a RCA connection on it. Alternatively as the head unit has a front and rear out you could connect amps to run all the speakers. Either way it should be a big improvement over the standard set up.

BOOM BOOM shake the room :)

English?

Lol...means jack poo to me gonna have to tell me like you telling a child ;-)

All I can say is I now have enough low bass, I just need clarity at near full volume

You need two pairs of components, one pair for the front and one pair for the rear, crossovers will come with these, two class AB amps, 2 channel or a single four channel class AB amp, these/this will power the speakers.

It's possible you want some line drivers to keep the power to the components but that's up to you.

That should give you the mid range and clarity top end

Thanks for the help guys..

Just to let you know i have purchased a full saloon Harman Kardon speaker system minis the amp.

Thats front tweeters, 4 6 inch, 2 4 inch and 2 subs

Plus my 12inch pre amped 1000w sub..

Should sound nice.

Gonna amp the new speakers following your advice.

Again, thank you

Right, I put in HK speakers, not really getting the quality I want.

Managed to get my hands on 2 1000w amps, 1 2 channel and 1 4..and 2 6x9 infinity speakers

so gonna rip everything out and start again.

Could someone please explain how, what a which crossovers I need? Not got a clue what ones to get.

The 6x9s will be run from the 2 channel amp the door speakers from the 4 channel.

So am I iChat in thinking I only need crossovers for the tweeters?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links