2004 Bmw 320D Sport - Fmic?

stevo241191

Hello people. Been offered a 2004 320D sport 2.0L but i've driven a standard one before so wanted to go for something different. If i was to purchase a Front Mount Intercooler, get it fitted, would i instantly see an increase in power or would i require a re-map to get the best out of it? Also how much of a power increase would i roughly see and wuld the clutch handle this?

Sorry if this is completely dumb etc, but i genuinely have no idea about BMW's at all!

Regards,

Steve

Hi welcome to the club.

A front mounted intercooler may help the turbo out a little with cooling but I doubt you will see massive as BMW fitted it in the optimal position for the performance its giving out at the moment.

But, with a remap...can get these up to 200bhp just with a map, you will see mega gains.

I had a mapped 320d 2003 once and it was shockingly quick compared to my standard 320d that I have now.

And torque...well...wow

Clutch will be good for aroung 350NM torques mate, no worries

Awesome. So in terms of getting the performance any better what would you suggest? I want to be different, i see everyone maps a 320d and just leaves it like that... I want to be different to everyone :D Recommended air intake? Exhaust system? :D

Cheers,

steve

Well im thinking of getting some gurt forge intercooler, thats make the car look like it smiles :P get what i mean lol. Ill get the map, probably some pipercross air induction kit, fulll exhaust system so my turbo doesnt just sound like a jet, but whistles like mad :D Derv power

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links