Any Painters Out There

acrybb

Hi,

Some woman reversed into my car and took a bit of paint off the bumper. Anyway we exchanged details and she never came through with any promises. Long & short no witnesses and im not risking a 50/50 on my insurance for a nothing repair.

I was thinking. I could have it resprayed........Or i could get my paws on a bumper from the same year & model of the same colour and it should be very close?

If so. Is there any parts seller who have one and would take an exchange for my unit to have primed ready for any colour?

Im looking in places like ebay etc to try source a bumper (titanium silver with sensors for a 2006 E90). To get a mint bumper remove mine and prime it then resell.

Opinions?

Andypost-1501-0-86896000-1360972904_thumb.jp

Think i need a front bumper for swapsies too, noticed my front bumpers been hit by some sack now. The backs not bad the fronts not as bad. Just annoying that through no fault of my own the car has 2 battle scars.

Arses

Thanks

Andy

Also on the off chance i bag me a set of M-Sport Bumpers in good nick are they a straigh swap. Will all the bits n Bobs fir from the standard bumper. Well i assume the grills will be different. The foggies and attachments etc will be ok though? same for the rear?

Andy

Still trying to find a member who is savvy enough to answer your questions.

You see, I'm good at wrecking paintwork but offering advise on how to fix it ONCE I've wrecked it, I'm not ya man..

Daz

Firstly I really doubt any spray shop will do s straight swap, maybe with some cash swapping hands too.

Personaly Id visit a few paint shops and get it priced up for repair, may cost less than exchanging bumpers and cash.

Yes M sport are a straight swap mate, but the fogs, grills etc from your standard bumpers wont fit.

Adding PCD to the front can be a nightmare, as the wiring will not be there just to plug into.

Gav,

Thanks for your reply. I got a quote of £195 for the repairs. The question is more leaning towards buying bumpers of the same colour and swapping them out and selling my old ones on. The info you provided about the fitting is useful as if I can get an M-kit with the bits n bobs attached then that's great, I can fit it straight on. If not it will be pre facelift standard ones that will accept the stuff I have (without the parking bits).

I know that when the bumpers are sprayed there will be a slight difference in the paint. However if I get a bumper of the same age & colour do you think the difference will be as noticeable or more so to the point they would have to be blended. If so I don't need a spray shop to do that for me. selling on the old bumpers which have only cosmetic damage could go some of the way to covering the cost of the replacements.

Thanks

Andy

Snypa_D,

It was a call out guy i went to. I agree it was a fairly steep price for what needs repaired. There is no dmage it is just 2 paint scuffs. One of which is pictured and described in the OP. The second is smaller. I can undestand the cost behind it. Then im not a painter.

Ill get a look around at other companies. Im in glasgow if there is anyone does it on here.

Andy

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links