Power Upgrades

Rangiebob

guys,it has been recommended to get a Superchips remap or Bluefin plug in for my 530d E60, they reckon on extra 45bhp and 90nm of extra torqueaswell as better fuel economy. any one have any experience of remapping please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

guys, i can report back on my remap with Custom Tuning in Bradford.took my 530d from 231bhp to 265bhp and from 490nm of torque to 560nm. the result is a much smoother delivery of power as no flat spots and the throttle response is quicker,a much improved driving experience and worth the money. special offer for Feb is £150.00 and what a difference. will sort out the fuel economy as they say it should improve as long as my driving doesn't change, yet to realise the improved economy as enjoying the power up grade way too much. before remap i averaged 39.7 mpg on mway runs and i hope to get that above the 43mpg. let you know but defo book it in for the power increase as wonderful.

guys, i can report back on my remap with Custom Tuning in Bradford.took my 530d from 231bhp to 265bhp and from 490nm of torque to 560nm. the result is a much smoother delivery of power as no flat spots and the throttle response is quicker,a much improved driving experience and worth the money. special offer for Feb is £150.00 and what a difference. will sort out the fuel economy as they say it should improve as long as my driving doesn't change, yet to realise the improved economy as enjoying the power up grade way too much. before remap i averaged 39.7 mpg on mway runs and i hope to get that above the 43mpg. let you know but defo book it in for the power increase as wonderful.

is this remap science?

i had my previous E39 530d done there. I went from 193bhp to 235bhp and torque upto 398ft/lbs.

No its not science its fact, mine is a 55 plate E60 and these figures are achieved by a remap not a plug in.take a look at their web site or Superchips as they both tell marginally different stories but almost the same. these guys at Custom Tuning have a 4 whell rolling road up to 1000bhp and they can just do the remap there and then,mine took 45 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

No its not science its fact, mine is a 55 plate E60 and these figures are achieved by a remap not a plug in.take a look at their web site or Superchips as they both tell marginally different stories but almost the same. these guys at Custom Tuning have a 4 whell rolling road up to 1000bhp and they can just do the remap there and then,mine took 45 mins.

Sorry i meant 'Remap Science' ( as in the Company name)

I thnk they are called rolling road tuning centre now.....

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links