Jumping Window

twistgrip

Hi,i have a problem with the passenger window on my 318is coupe,sometimes when driving the window jumps up and down about quarter inch seems to do it more when conering to right,

Today window would not shut when closed the door then it started chattering,i took door panel of for inspection and could`nt find any problem with wiring or connectors,a freind told me this could be caused through a faulty micro switch in the door handle could this be true or could there be a problem else where,any info would be greatfuly appreciated.

Guest Mister Dabsy

Could be that the door-open sensor is a bit keen, this often happens with cabs though (just a thought)... Think the guys have it covered !

Sorry for not replying sooner, computor went AWOL,what do you meen by swap them round and were are modules (relay)

Hope this explains a little better. If the module is bad in one door, it would be the same thing in the door opposite it. So... swap um out and see what happens :rolleyes: It's for diagnostic purposes, not a "Fix"

• 2 weeks later...

This can also be sorted by adjusting the door, as you go round the corner the door may move making and breaking the door switch.

When you open the door the window drops and then goes up when you close it. If it makes and breaks the door switch, it will think that the door is opening and closing.

Try the relays first, and then adjust the door if need be.

This can also be sorted by adjusting the door, as you go round the corner the door may move making and breaking the door switch.

When you open the door the window drops and then goes up when you close it. If it makes and breaks the door switch, it will think that the door is opening and closing.

Try the relays first, and then adjust the door if need be.

Didn't think of that

Hi guys not been doing much on bm last few days what with weather and not fealing to good and problem with other motor.

The window stopped jumping and has been ok since last post but i know it will start again,you say check the relays is there one for each door and were will i find them.

Thanks.............Steve

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links